Thanks G Henry for posting the pics of my project.
The first picture is a shot of it when I bought it from a individual from Michigan. The sled sat outside in the elements for many years. I originally just wanted to do a clean up and get it running ,leaving it this way . After the years setting the steering was rusted so bad that the skis could not be turned. I proceeded to work on the steering issue , meaning that I had to remove the motor . As I removed the drive clutch I noticed the it was full of leaves and grass. Well have to disassemble the clutch and clean it right !!!!!!!!!!!. Well carbs were removed to have a look at the pistons , well there was a lot of oxidation in the carbs and boots. Good thing that I did not pull the motor over. Now the motor will be disassembled , freshened up and detailed.
After seeing this , I realize that I would not be happy with just a cosmetic make over . Now the restoration began.
In the second picture , the top of the tunnel is damaged from loose tracks , I am going to slice the tunnel and replace the top . There were running board heat exchangers installed and removed leaving mounting holes and coolant hose holes. I am going to plug tig weld all holes closed. The clutch guard area had seen a lot of weld buildup. This all will be cleaned and rewelded back to factory.
In the third picture , the rear running boards have had a bracket welded on , These are coming off and cleaned up.
In the fourth picture , the ski tips had been hammered and damaged. I am going to rebuild these back to like new.
In the fifth picture , the front of the tunnel had seen many tracks and objects gone through here. I am going to remove the bulkhead from the tunnel and cut out the tunnel front and fab a new replacement.
I am really glad that I am a component aluminum welder and fabricator to tackle this project. It was just going to be a short quick project , but as some know me , I am a stickler for detail and perfection.
The tunnel does have the qualifying numbers scribed on the side. I am going to leave those there.
I did contact Arctic Restorations at Larry Prestons recommendations and had the guys hand lay a new hood just like the original one. I am going to hang the original on the shop wall.
Will try to keep everyone posted as to the progress. Shooting to have done before the snow is gone.