Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rupp info  (Read 2143 times)

donnade

• Powder-Puff
Rupp info
« on: January 17, 2022, 06:39:57 am »
I have 2 Rupp Snowmobiles and a lot of parts that belonged to my late husband. They are on a trailer and have been sitting in my garage over 20 years. One is a Magnum. I would like to find out what they are worth as I eventually would like to sell them. I do have photos and will have someone upload them soon.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

magnumed

• Super-Mod
    Re: Rupp info
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 10:59:17 am »
    Location and pictures will help. You can text me pics I would be interested. 517-403-3152 Ed

donnade

• Powder-Puff
    Rupp photos - need info
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 03:46:45 pm »
    these are the Rupps that I need info on.  They are located in Connecticut.  I would like to know what they are worth.  They are on a trailer and there are several more parts.  (I hope I loaded the photos OK. I'm not good at computers)

Skidooman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 08:41:20 pm »
    Nice looking machines. Hopefully more of the resident Rupp experts will chime in.

snowracer

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 11:24:03 pm »
    PM sent

800 mag

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 12:46:13 am »
    the 71 Magnum is a hard to find highly desirable sled especially one in that condition. If it were mine I wouldn't let it go for less than $3500. Hope this helps. Sorry for your loss.

nitrofa340

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 12:55:02 am »
    In todays inflated vintage sled market I would say that $4000 isnt out of line for the Magnum.  Dont let any one steal it from you for much less.
    "Its all in the clutching"

kram69

• SnoPro
    • Sault Ont. Canada
    « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 01:45:42 am »
    They both should make you some decent money. 800 Mag is right in that the 400 Magnum should be worth $3500 complete and pulling over. There wasn't a whole pile of Magnums built being meant for competition. The Sprint 44 I would guess $800 to $1200 in the same condition; pulls over and complete. But then again worth is up to the buyer; I may pay $4k for something that one of the others here wouldn't give $900 bucks for.
    geezus hun where you gonna put that one?                                     76 MERC S/T 250; 75 RUPP Nitro 2 440; 75 YAMAHA GPX 338 plus a half; 73 RUPP Magnum 440: 73 SPEEDWAY Blue Max plus a half; 73 RUPP Nitro 340; 73 SKIDOO TnT 340; 72 RUPP Nitro 400

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 03:18:40 am »
    The Magnum is very desirable and would be an easy sell at reasonable price.  I could see $4000, maybe?   A fully restored one would go for much more is my guess.

I remember those on the oval track and they were a force.  The Gessweins from Milbank South Dakota spent a lot of time in MN winning races in 71.  Jay Sperry didn't do bad either.

mrrupp

• SnoPro
    « Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 01:30:20 am »
    My brother and I put a lot of miles on two 71 44 sprints, they are great sleds. Unfortunately they didn't look that good when we retired them. You shouldn't have any problem selling them for a pretty penny. Here in Colorado, there's no Rupps left, because I bought them all. So if you were closer they would already be in my garage.

markxx800

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Western NY
    « Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 12:06:55 am »
    beautiful sleds, you have a PM

Mark
    Give me Liberty or give me Death

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 05:06:21 am »
    Just FYI, for our Rupp friends there is the big "Rupp Fun Vehicles" Light up sign (working) on the Auctionmasters.com online auction that is running right now.   This auction ends January 27 the day before the MVSS Midwest Ride-in at Elk River Minnesota.

4-5 of the major sled haulers will be in attendance.  They can haul sleds or signs for you.

There is 369, yes 369 vintage sleds and memorabilia on this auction, maybe a record?

You must check it out.  Auctionmasters.com

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 03:20:16 am »
    Also a 1973 Dealer Showroom banner of the 73 Nitro's is on that same auction.  A bunch of Rupp patchs and an excellent Rupp Hooded jacket.  Auctionmasters.com

donnade

• Powder-Puff
    « Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 04:21:13 am »
    Thanks to everyone that responded to my post about the Rupp snowmobiles either through posts, texts, email and PM. 
    They have not been sold yet.  As I mentioned to some of you, the snowmobile trailer is in the back of a warehouse behind several boxes and a few cars.  We have started moving the stuff in front of them to try to get them closer to the door and into an open area where we can get better photos.  I would like to sell everything together - the 2 snowmobiles, the trailer, and a lot of parts (of which I keep finding more as we move along).  I will post more photos as I take them, but the weather will have a factor into how fast I can get more pictures.  In the meantime, feel free to contact me and I will answer as best I can.

Thanks,  DonnaDe