Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CP Snowcomotive - BUILD THREAD  (Read 2294 times)

Ski-Doer

• SnoPro
Re: CP Snowcomotive - BUILD THREAD
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2021, 06:24:51 am »
I'm not too worried about the rough ride,  I own a Abe Matthews Trail Maker.  ;D  Besides with a 6 1/4HP, I doubt I'll be jumping snow drifts.

So, it's been a while, been busy working on my 5 year olds sled.  Polaris 120, and we just got him starting to race Stock 120 on the ice ovals in Beausejeur at CPTC.  A little time consuming.

None the less, the sliders are installed to help the track from being metal on metal, and the skid is now mounted.  Next will be cutting up the snowblower to make an engine mount.

I have been working on some decals, or more than likely a friend will hand paint it on.  Feedback wanted:  Snowcomotive  OR  Snocomotive  OR SnowComotive OR SnoComotive

Thanks
        Ski-Doer.
Elan Guru.  Appreciation for a fine body regardless of the make.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 11:08:01 am »
    Looking good and wow Lil Davey is 5! I remember you posting about him being born.

Question: Is there any way that your track is going to hang up on the delrin slide rails? Will this sled have reverse? Them square ends are making me nervous. LoL.  ;D
    You can a have different opinion but you can't have a different truth.

yamakid

• SnoPro
    « Reply #32 on: December 16, 2021, 01:01:33 pm »
    Looking good and wow Lil Davey is 5! I remember you posting about him being born.

Question: Is there any way that your track is going to hang up on the delrin slide rails? Will this sled have reverse? Them square ends are making me nervous. LoL.  ;D

I was going to say something similar, chamfer them ends!!!

My vote is Sno-Comotive
    The Tyrant Timmy Walz can ETADIK

apollo x

• SnoPro
    « Reply #33 on: December 16, 2021, 01:22:30 pm »
    Same ^^^^

My vote is Sno-Comotive

Skidooman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
      • Marty's Motorized Mayhemn
    « Reply #34 on: December 16, 2021, 11:35:12 pm »
    x3 for
    Sno-Comotive
    Pictures and Videos of Motorized Events:
    http://www.martysmotorizedmayhem.com

Ski-Doer

• SnoPro
    « Reply #35 on: December 17, 2021, 03:30:49 pm »
    Yup, time flies. Andy is 5, Penelope is 3.  She is my dare devil, he is cautious.  Penny took out the Polaris 120 on the ice oval last weekend and held it to the bar out of the gate on the straigh, around corner 2 and 3 - and lifted a ski coming out of 3..  Electronically governed to 6850RPM and my memory tach said she did 6910 !!!  She can't wait for racing next year.    Andy fell off the sled his first lap when the ski lifted in the corner, but he got back on and finished his 3 races - what a guy!

On Monday at the supper table Penny started to talk smack.  "Andy, remember when we were at he race track.  Well, ahhh, I went full speed and I didn't fall off!"
    F*ck was that hilarious. That took some will power not to burst out laughing.

No reverse, I have filed the leading edge, picture doesn't show. I did that right after I installed them. 

Thanks for the tips and votes guys.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 03:37:07 pm by Ski-Doer »
    Elan Guru.  Appreciation for a fine body regardless of the make.

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #36 on: December 18, 2021, 11:14:42 am »
    Very cool seeing the kids do things we like.  8)

I passed a Kitty Cat on to my Son-in-Law last spring and it sounds like the two boys have been on it briefly before out fast melts. Hope to see them ride it soon.
    You can a have different opinion but you can't have a different truth.

oldsled

• SnoPro
    • Let's Ride.
    « Reply #37 on: December 23, 2021, 05:40:58 pm »
    That track is pure elevator chain right off the farm.  Used to be one on every farm until the auger came along.  Cool project.  Thanks for sharing.