Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Polaris / Zero hybrid sleds.  (Read 2401 times)

Just Wondering

• SnoPro
Re: Polaris / Zero hybrid sleds.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 02:18:00 pm »
Stihl makes an electric chainsaw now also.

Yes,,,,cordless saws for about 10 years or so now.  We've sold quite a few at our dealership over the years.

They also produced a 120 volt AC saw line up  about 30 years ago.  Those had the obvious limitations but for the right end user they were ideal.
'71 Skiroule 440 RTX racer
'72 Kitty Cat
'72 Speedway 440
'72 Kohler SnoPro  1st. Gen.
'74 Mini Twister (Jr.Brute)
'74 SnoTwister
'80 Polaris TXL

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Kingsville Doo Nut

• SnoPro
    « Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 02:13:48 pm »
    I bet you'd never catch Toocheaptosmoke using a battery powered Chainsaw,  LOL 🙄
    PETT No. 119
    67 Olympique 250
    70 TNT 292 (slides)
    70 Olympique 12/3
    70 Ski Boose MK I
    72 Nordic 640ER
    72 Charger 530SS
    75 Olympique 300
    77 TnT 340FA
    Chrystler Sno Runner (2)
    81 Citation 4500e (2 of em!)
    02 Legend GS 600
    2011 GSX LE 600 Etec

XCRacer440

• SnoPro
    « Reply #17 on: October 23, 2021, 12:13:53 am »
    I bet you'd never catch Toocheaptosmoke using a battery powered Chainsaw,  LOL 🙄

So true lol!
    Wish he would make some new videos though
    Back on topic

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #18 on: October 23, 2021, 10:10:42 am »
    I went to rent a trailer yesterday and inside the business I saw a big display of electric yard tools. No gas powered equipment at all. As we know there is and will probably continue to be new rechargeable products, but what I didn't expect to see was rechargeable zero-turn lawn mowers. Guy said the sound generated from the blades is the only sound. I didn't price them or ask many questions, but it was an eye opener.
    Find good people, treat them right, pay them well, and get outta the way.

slowestsled

• SnoPro
    « Reply #19 on: October 23, 2021, 02:32:19 pm »
    The world -she is achanging, but for right now during summer peak brown outs, trees falling and grid cluster outages, texas type snufuus, we are not yet ready for all electric anything. And half the nation is cold for half the yr, batteries not so much like the cold for being efficient. We have only recently perfected EFI, and people that but little gas saving small cars drive 80 mph and kill the reason why the type car was bought, Teslas's burn half the juice just keeping the vehicle comfortable, not moving it. We are too spoiled for creator comforts to understand that some limitations are the people themselves.

Skier76

• SnoPro
    • CT and Southern Vermont
    « Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »
    We picked up a small Stilh trimmer that my wife uses on the shrubs and plants around the houses. Itís not big, you can use it with one hand if needed.  Darn thing has amazing battery life.  Went a long time between charges and sat for a month or so between uses. 

One of the guys in our sled club has a smaller Stihl electric saw.  It did really well during a cleanup last winter. 
    1996 Puma 2-up
    1996 Jag

vtg

• SnoPro
    « Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 12:48:30 am »
    I went to rent a trailer yesterday and inside the business I saw a big display of electric yard tools. No gas powered equipment at all. As we know there is and will probably continue to be new rechargeable products, but what I didn't expect to see was rechargeable zero-turn lawn mowers. Guy said the sound generated from the blades is the only sound. I didn't price them or ask many questions, but it was an eye opener.

Electric riding lawn mowers aren't a new concept. John Deere manufactured and sold their E90 electric rechargeable riding lawn mower from 1972-74. An uncle of mine had one back then and as a ten year old, I was always eager to mow his lawn with it every time we visited him in the summer. And as I recall, it would cover quite a large area on one charge. I had a hard time finding any information about it on the net but I did find one youtube video

https://youtu.be/2y5c3RUMpqA
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:50:55 am by vtg »

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 11:52:48 am »

Electric riding lawn mowers aren't a new concept. John Deere manufactured and sold their E90 electric rechargeable riding lawn mower from 1972-74. An uncle of mine had one back then and as a ten year old, I was always eager to mow his lawn with it every time we visited him in the summer. And as I recall, it would cover quite a large area on one charge. I had a hard time finding any information about it on the net but I did find one youtube video

https://youtu.be/2y5c3RUMpqA

That's actually pretty cool. I haven't seen one of those, but was in high school at that time so I wasn't looking at lawn mowers.  ;)

Did this type mower have the torque that we see on electric stuff today? The lawn he was cutting wasn't too deep. I'd think for a nice size subdivision lot it would work out good.

PolCat

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Old ain't so Bad De Pere, Wi PETT #27
    « Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 12:30:15 am »
    When I bought my new Gravely this spring they had a electric one on the floor. Dealer said it would be going back as no one was even looking at it. After he said the price I said no way. Think it was like 29k.
    Cheap is the way to go, the less you have in them, the more you can have! 

VS BS Members Map

canam2005

• SnoPro
    « Reply #24 on: November 08, 2021, 08:39:46 am »
    those new ones a really $$$$.. but most of them seem targeted towards the commercial use. They where very tight lipped at the expo all did was drop small hints on what's to coming out in the next 3 yrs other than what was up on the displays.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAt_G8NdEe8&t=6s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFi3QpZ3bIE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qTbKkWNFvI
    then in December the electric ranger suppose to be shown off, doesn't say which day in Dec.

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #25 on: November 08, 2021, 12:22:45 pm »
    When I bought my new Gravely this spring they had a electric one on the floor. Dealer said it would be going back as no one was even looking at it. After he said the price I said no way. Think it was like 29k.

29 LARGE!

I could be thinking wrong, but for manufacturing it seems like it would cost less to build, at least for cars or trucks.

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #26 on: November 08, 2021, 12:31:40 pm »
    those new ones a really $$$$.. but most of them seem targeted towards the commercial use. They where very tight lipped at the expo all did was drop small hints on what's to coming out in the next 3 yrs other than what was up on the displays.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAt_G8NdEe8&t=6s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFi3QpZ3bIE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qTbKkWNFvI
    then in December the electric ranger suppose to be shown off, doesn't say which day in Dec.

The 2nd video was pretty good. Liked all the old stuff for sure. The guy talking said 10mph mowing so the commercial guys will like it for sure. But, my JD 734 will mow 11mph, according to the salesnerd that sold it to me. I don't need that so it wasn't part of my decision to purchase.

Jeff99

• SnoPro
    « Reply #27 on: November 08, 2021, 12:44:10 pm »
    Here is a 2021 electric Gravely  :o
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 02:17:11 pm by Jeff99 »

Garage Philosopher

• SnoPro
    • Carries his own wood and water...
    « Reply #28 on: November 08, 2021, 03:36:01 pm »
    If you don't like the price, you weren't the person being marketed to... and maybe that is the actual offence to you?

Jeff99

• SnoPro
    « Reply #29 on: November 08, 2021, 03:42:44 pm »
    If you don't like the price, you weren't the person being marketed to... and maybe that is the actual offence to you?

Who are you aiming your comment to? Just posting the price for people to see, you donít think itís crazy it cost the same as a car?