Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trail Permits. What Do You Think?  (Read 1697 times)

twinrotor

• SnoPro
Re: Trail Permits. What Do You Think?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 04:38:44 pm »
If that was true there would be extra money on no snow years and the fund would grow.They are always looking for more funds because they are not earmarked for trails.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

gobigblue

• SnoPro
    • Sledhead 24-7, 365 days a year!!
      • The Vintage Sled Shop
    « Reply #16 on: September 16, 2021, 03:55:17 pm »
    If that was true there would be extra money on no snow years and the fund would grow.They are always looking for more funds because they are not earmarked for trails.
    Not sure what you base your comments on but I have been a Funding Coordinator for our snowmobile club for 15 years. Here is a link to MNUSA that gives a quick explanation of the system. https://www.mnsnowmobiler.org/discover/trails/funding-maintainingtrails
    The GIA system disperses all the money taken in and it is up to the club to budget the funds so on no snow years you have extra money to cover the high snow years expenses all while trying to save up for purchases like Argos and $250,000.00 groomers. Join a club and you will learn more and we need new members!

twinrotor

• SnoPro
    « Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 09:21:40 pm »
    I though the club was paid by miles of trail groomed.I see now why the club where I ride rarely grooms. Low snow year = no groomer wear,prepaid by the state,no incentive to groom.

gobigblue

• SnoPro
    • Sledhead 24-7, 365 days a year!!
      • The Vintage Sled Shop
    « Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 02:19:09 pm »
    Can't say what's up with your clubs grooming practices. Most active club members are there because they want to give back to the sport they love. Money is not the incentive. Trails can be groomed perfect on Friday and beat to heck on Saturday. My suggestion is to talk to a member and maybe join the club. But remember, clubs need less talkers and more workers.

twinrotor

• SnoPro
    « Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 10:44:17 pm »
    The club seams to do a good job brushing and prepping but when it comes time to groom we hear the same,the swamps won't freeze,you guys need to pack the trail with your sleds,to icy,not enough snow,but there always seams to be enough funds for a trip out west.