Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sherry Landon My Mom and Co Founder of the WE Magazine Passed 5-27-2021  (Read 2495 times)

hillhaventelco

• Powder-Puff
My parents run The Winning Edge Snowmobile racing magazine here in Michigan. I wanted to share about her Im her oldest son. 
My mom was a wonderful hard working woman that touched many lives. She was never judgemental always there for you and welcomed you with open arms. I got my graphic design ability from her. She was a wonderful mom to me and my 3 siblings.   I know there has been differences between members here and my father.    Im looking for pictures or your experiences with my mom.  Im putting together a memorial video for her.  She will be missed.   

I have undertaken a massive backup and archival project of the business computers. Over 10TB.   My mom was the one who handled most of it.   If you need him to look for a specific photo,  contact him and I will do my best to locate it.  Please be patient with him regarding
getting stuff done.  The computers they were using are almost 12 year old iMacs, and were failing.    If anyone has a MacBook for sale,  We are looking for one for My father.  He cannot use a Windows Computer. 

Thank you guys

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

danno297

• SnoPro
    I don't think I have ever met your mom but I have your dad and I am very sorry to hear of her passing.
    PETT Member 102

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    So sorry to hear of your loss.  My prayer and thoughts are with you, your Dad Steve, and your family.  Your Mom and Dad had a real passion for snowmobile racing and have been real assets to those of us who love the sport.  Has anyone put more snowmobile racing news in print than your Mom & Dad?

Skier76

• SnoPro
    • CT and Southern Vermont
    So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
    2002 Z570 SS
    2001 Panther 440

sledder1

• SnoPro
    • VSCA #143
    Sorry for you loss.

SirSpamalot

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    Very Sorry For Your Loss. Your folks gave me a break and ran my first big interview way back 20 something years ago. I never forgot that and am eternally grateful. I still have the hard copy. Good people.
    I have one very special sled.
    I no longer claim to be omniscient because the rules are more like guidelines.
    Thank God I have more than one hobby.

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    Sorry you lost your Mom. I've seen your parents at events for many years and appreciate all they've done for the snowmobile hobby.

When I grow up, I want to be a biker. But Mom says I can't do both.

TXC276

• SnoPro
    Sorry to hear of your loss.  I met your folks when they were here in Alaska in mid 2000's for the 2000 mile Iron Dog Snowmachine Race.
    The photo you provided looks like it was taken at Rainy Pass Lodge at Puntilla, Alaska which is an early remote check point in the race.
    I always enjoyed the lengthy, detailed write up your folks did on this epic Alaska race.
    Thanks for the memories and condolences to your family.