Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2022 Arctic Cat 4000  (Read 1600 times)

tr waters

• Super-Mod
Re: 2022 Arctic Cat 4000
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 04:22:50 pm »
0962-153
Long Block
Price: $1,399.95

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Lumpy59

• SnoPro
    « Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 05:22:17 pm »
    Did this sled sell out to consumers or rental sled providers ?
    50 years of sledding, proud to have served as a National  Judge.

Ski of Plenty

• SnoPro
    • Caution: Has an opinion you may not like!
    « Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 12:17:47 am »
    Yes but Cat is where it's at.We hear alot of chatter that cat isn't moving fast enough but they have the best mountain sled,they release a more affordable single and a new 800 in the last few seasons.The backlog of inventory should be gone they could be in a good position for the future.

I certainly hope Cat is able to continue. If we lose them then Yamaha will probably just drop out of snowmobiling as well. I'd really like to see our government slap a hefty tariff on sleds coming in from outside the U.S. That would really help our domestic manufacturers stay in business.
    If you're angry, frustrated or crazy and feel you have to kill someone...start with yourself!

1994 Polaris Trail Deluxe
    1993 Polaris XCR 440
    1977 Scorpion Sting 440
    1975 Scorpion Whip 340
    1975 Rupp Nitro F/A 440

sr88

• SnoPro
    « Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 04:39:08 pm »
    Like the Harley Davidson thing in the '80s for any import motorcycle over 700cc? That was really popular . . .
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 04:40:52 pm by sr88 »

Leaf springs forever

• SnoPro
    « Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:39 pm »
    Yeah that import thing really made 90's Harley's good and reliable didn't it
    As someone that has worked on many no it didn't it actually did the opposite.
    Restricting sales to only a couple companies basically turns off innovation like a light switch and no competition is a very bad thing for buyers who want a good product.

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 07:46:09 am »
    Single cylinder. Two stroke. 65+ h/p.  Whats not to like?
    The price
    AH Engineering   two stroke engineering solutions, welding, cnc machining,  fabrication, 3D cad design. digital programmable ignitions. custom aluminum sleeves.

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 07:49:10 am »
    The engine in this sled is the most interesting part of the sled for me. my first thoughts were how great this motor would be in a light weight classic era styled sled.
    That's the best thing about it imo.  In 5 years buying those sleds cheap just for the engine.. lots of fun things you could do.
    AH Engineering   two stroke engineering solutions, welding, cnc machining,  fabrication, 3D cad design. digital programmable ignitions. custom aluminum sleeves.

Teamgreen711

• SnoPro
    • Six restos later and still going strong!
    « Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 11:52:56 pm »
    Hey Ovals ;

https://nhsa.com/arctic-cat-blast-test/

Here is one I had a chance to test for a day. I was surprised at how much power there was on tap.  At the end of the day I wasn't tired at all because of the light weight. Considering its 8000 bucks you can buy two for the price of one. I think Cat has got a winner here.....

Hope this helps, Teamgreen
    1976 440  Sno Twister-five months of pure hell!
    1974 Sno Twister 400-Yep she's fast!
    1976 440 Trail Twister- First resto
    1975 340 Sno Twister-resto finished!
    1973 Speedway Max 440
    1976 Sno Twister 250

teamgreen2

• SnoPro
    « Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 06:20:39 am »
    The price is pretty out there I think.   But!!  Then again the R&D on a ground up sled.   People have to remember all the people and time involved in building a whole new sled from the ground up.   Who?? Pays for that?   Simple the customer does.    I heard about the 400 cc engine about 3 or 4 years before it came out.   There was a drawing of one I had seen.   Single cylinder case reed, power valve and engine rev engine.    Then a few years later the Yamaha and Cat sleds came out.

Cat also released a Snow Bike at Hay Days a few years back.   Heard nothing on it since.    What is the cost on R&D on that?   Price itself out of the market?   Plus the state trail rules in Minnesota will not let any thing on a snowmobile trail other than a snowmobile hurts.    It wasn't a timberline or whatever Polaris has.   Cat built a whole snow bike from the ground up.  Engine and all.  If they where smart get rid of the Snow bike part and build a moto cross bike.  Get a American company back into building Moto Cross.    You got Yamaha and Textron help/backing.    You got a few guys riders could put it on the map.  Tucker ran pro moto cross a few years.  He is getting to the too old age now.    Think it would create some buzz.   There is a few pro really good pro riders in/from Minnesota.   The Martin boys  and Henry Miller;)     Henry was a  pro private rider lead the race 2 years ago Spring Creek.  Until he crashed.  Ripped his clutch finger about off went from about last all the way back up to like 12th.   You get Minnesota grown pro riders on your bike.    I think there would  be room for another moto cross bike company out there.   

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 12:36:26 pm »
    I agree on the cost of R&D but will add that in some cases, there is money wasted trying to prove something to have value which has already been proved not to. Some push for something that isn't really fiscally smart, like sno-bikes for their customer base, same thing happens in all business I'd imagine. History shows us many cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. that didn't make the customers pull out that wallet. Sno-bikes? I don't know anyone who'd buy one.
    If you can't look back on your younger self and realize you were an idiot, you're probably still an idiot.

Leaf springs forever

• SnoPro
    « Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 12:51:33 pm »
    Didn't cat have a prototype snow bike in the 80's too, and I thought they dropped it then wow they don't know when to give up.
    Found a picture too
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 12:58:47 pm by Leaf springs forever »

SirSpamalot

• SnoPro
    « Reply #26 on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:02 pm »
    The Rumor Mill Had It: The new Cat snow bike was a good machine but they could not get the thing certified. By that I mean get it to meet the safety standards all new sleds have to meet. That was a non-starter. They were sold as competition machines, as I understand it, the few that were sold. Race machines I guess you can sell so many without meeting the regs. To me this another example of not clearing the deck before you build something. I work for a consumer products company. We make DARN SURE a new product will not hit a regulation brick wall before we invest big bucks and cubic time. Cat was hoping to sell maybe a 100 protos then create a market and get things certified. You could do that in 1965. But not today. Sad deal there.
    I have one very special sled.
    I no longer claim to be omniscient because the rules are more like guidelines.
    Thank God I have more than one hobby.