Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BRP Lynx hitting the dealers now.  (Read 220 times)

ski-doood

• SnoPro
BRP Lynx hitting the dealers now.
« on: February 23, 2021, 05:51:40 am »
One of our local MN dealers got his Lynx Saturday and another today.  One said come on out and ride it but early feedback from their own employee riders is this is going to be really ready for some rough trail riding.  VERY good shocks on the sled.  Check you local dealer as most or all dealers will get at least one.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Skier76

• SnoPro
    • CT and Southern Vermont
    Re: BRP Lynx hitting the dealers now.
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:19:06 pm »
    I watched a video on the machine last night on the Snowtrax youtube channel. The guy did a really good walk around and explanation. The rear suspension is a pretty interesting design.
    1996 Puma 2-up
    1996 Jag

SS440-80

• Modified
    « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:55:07 pm »
    Congratualations to the introduction of Lynx in Canada and USA.
    It's about time that you will have a chance to test the biggest brand outside north america. It's a BRP machine, but not a Ski-Doo. The Fins have their own developing team, that makes a lot of different than the Ski-Doo team. So do like Skier76, look at Snowtrax about the new Lynx.

Will be really interesting if BRP let Lynx compete in the snowcross.

You get the Rave 850 RE (mean trail sled) and the two longest Boondocker DS (Deep Snow) this year.

I have a 2018 Boondocker 850 RE 3700 (146") and it's a big smile very time I ride it  ;D

MY SLEDS:
    LYNX Boondocker RE 850 -18
    LYNX RAVE 600ace -12
    YAMAHA SRV -91
    YAMAHA SRV -90
    YAMAHA ET 400 T/R -89
    YAMAHA ET340T/R -84
    YAMAHA SRV 340 -82, Daughters edition.
    YAMAHA GP292B -73
    OCKELBO 6000 -86
    OCKELBO TRIOMAN -75
    2x JOHN DEERE SPRINTFIRE -83

Skier76

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 12:21:31 am »
    SS440,
    Great to hear from an actual owner!

In the Snowtrax vid, they talked about the difference in trails where you are vs. North America. Is that the case? Are your trails more natural vs groomed? Ironically, the secondary trails I ride are mostly groomed just by riding over them.  ;D  I often mind myself going a bit to the right to try to keep things wider and open.
    1996 Puma 2-up
    1996 Jag

SS440-80

• Modified
    « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:31 am »
    The trail here are groomed by the local snowmobile clubs. Mostly with snowmobiles, but some bigger clubs in the north have Pisten Bullys.

Most of the trails in Sweden is in the forrest, so they are narrow and curvy. So after grooming the trail does not hold so long before it starts to get bumpy.

In Sweden we are allowed to ride almost everywhere in the nature when it's enough snow.
    In Finland you only can ride on the trails.
    Norway has just started to allow trail riding. But their net of trails are very small, and often they lead in to Sweden so that the Norwegians can get into the snowmobile freedom of Sweden. (not so good always, for us Swedes)

This is a pic from beginning of january when I was out grooming with our Snowmover. Of course we have a Lynx to pull it, it's a 59 Yeti 600 ACE.
    MY SLEDS:
    LYNX RAVE 600ace -12
    YAMAHA SRV -91
    YAMAHA SRV -90
    YAMAHA ET 400 T/R -89
    YAMAHA ET340T/R -84
    YAMAHA GP292B -73
    OCKELBO 6000 -86
    OCKELBO TRIOMAN -75

Skier76

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 10:32:29 pm »
    I appreciate the insight SS440! It's always cool to hear how sledding is in different part of the world. Thanks so much for the insight.
    1996 Puma 2-up
    1996 Jag

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 05:18:34 am »
    I saw the new Rave today at a dealer and am going Saturday if possible to actually ride one.  I did hear today Minneapolis Motorsports got a Boondocker. I did not know they were shipping some of those now also.

The Rave I saw today with the factory studded track had an MSRP of just over $18k with freight.  I did not ask what you could actually buy it for as I know its not in my plans. I have to admit it looked VERY nice and quite different than a Renegade.

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 02:33:43 pm »
    When reading about how they are beefier than their Ski Doo cousins, I have to wonder about the weight. It would seem Americans have put their sleds on a diet for the last 20 years so will people buy a Lynx, then complain about them being heavy?
    If you can't look back on your younger self and realize you were an idiot, you're probably still an idiot.

SS440-80

• Modified
    « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 03:08:53 pm »
    Lynx have been a bit heavier than Ski-Doo, but also more robust and able to handle more beating.

Since 2017/2018 when the G4/RADIEN chassie came the weight difference is just a few kilos. Nothing to get stressed about.
    It,s mostly the skid that is a little bit more heavy.

But if you look at the Boondockers ,they have a totally different skid where the rear linkage is mounted on the outside of the rails. This prevents snow from getting stuck inside the skid, so that means that after riding for a while the Ski-Doo has filled the skid with X more kilos of snow than the Lynx.
    MY SLEDS:
    LYNX RAVE 600ace -12
    YAMAHA SRV -91
    YAMAHA SRV -90
    YAMAHA ET 400 T/R -89
    YAMAHA ET340T/R -84
    YAMAHA GP292B -73
    OCKELBO 6000 -86
    OCKELBO TRIOMAN -75

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 05:45:12 am »
    Minneapolis Motorsports today had a Boondocker on their show floor.  850 with 165" x 3" and SHOT.  Very sharp looking sled MSRP showed $16,300. That is factory MSRP which I would not think is a lot more than an 850 Summit??