Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hutchinson Minnesota March Show & Swap to be held back until 2022  (Read 1592 times)

ski-doood

• SnoPro
Unfortunately the return of the Indoor Hutch Show will be held back till March 2022. Although plans were coming along still too much uncertainty to lock into it and at this point money was going to have to spent with ordering time sensitive items and with no real budget to do this with yet it made sense to wait and do it right next year.  Another concern was still having volunteers to work that are still not comfortable in committing yet.  The right move is clearly to start plans for next year.

It is full speed ahead for 2022.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Re: Hutchinson Minnesota March Show & Swap to be held back until 2022
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:55:16 am »
     I went to the CentraSota Vintage Sledheads meeting tonight and had a nice time. One of their main topics is what to do regarding the potential Hutchinson Show next March.  There still is some good interest in doing it but I also see hesitation about committing to it without having a stronger commitment from workers willing to WORK it.

It was tabled tonight for one month but next month if the volunteers don't come forward there is a pretty good chance this great show goes away (likely forever).

I will post details on next months meeting here when confirmed and if you want to see the show come back PLEASE try to attend the meeting or at minimum personal message me please.

It sounded do or die to me tonight??

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Re: Hutchinson Minnesota March Show & Swap to be held back until 2022
    « Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 03:41:35 am »
    THIS IS SAD but I can pass along the report that there will be no return of the HUTCHINSON MINNESOTA SHOW.  CentraSota's President tried hard to rally support for jumping in and bringing the show back but the interest was quite frankly not even close to being enough to keep fighting for it.  There was as many people maybe pulling against it as for it. They will ask for their deposit back from the Fairgrounds and will accept whatever the Fair Board decides.

My several postings about it on this site went largely w/o comments or concerns, certainly no volunteers stepping forward, which makes you wonder if anyone even cares? 

Its sad to me as I had talked to a few different vendors and enthusiasts in our hobby who quickly pledged financial support as sponsors.

Another show bites the dust due to lack of people wanting to dig in and help.  This can be added to what is getting to be a long list.