Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Davids Vintage snowmobile site  (Read 1307 times)

jerre310

• SnoPro
Davids Vintage snowmobile site
« on: February 07, 2021, 01:00:58 am »
Davids vintage snowmobile site is the best source for vintage snowmobiling.  I'm sure just about everyone here has visited or used this site.   There is NO better source for snowmobilings past than Davids site.   Now, he needs your help!   It's expensive for him to keep it up and running.   He is always adding more space which is not cheap.   So I'm asking you to his site and make a Donation!   Keep this treasure going.   Large and small donations I'm sure will be deeply appreciated.   Hey manufacturers it would be to your advantage to help keep this history site going for the sport.   

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Re: Davids Vintage snowmobile site
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 04:04:23 am »
    It's an amazing site.  Please support it.

vtg

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 07:01:26 pm »
    Thanks for reminding us, jeere310. David's site is an amazing compilation of snowmobiling's history and he must put countless hours into maintaining and constantly building it up. I hope he gets a bit of a boost in donations as a result of your post. I just sent him a little something.   

jerre310

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 11:59:56 am »
    Dave recently sold his last sled to help support his effort to keep the site going.  He believes in his site and does not want it to go away.  We need this site to preserve all the history of the sport.    GO TO HIS SITE AND SEND A DONATION!

WrenchDeere

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 11:47:24 pm »
    Just donated. Let's all chip in a few bucks to help out.
    Snow may be temporary but wrenching is forever

krr

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 04:56:42 pm »
    I try to donate every year. Yes, it's a great resource! If everyone could pass a few bucks along the strength in numbers adds up.

WrenchDeere

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 05:31:55 pm »
    David sent a nice note thanking me for the donation. He's been dealing with multiple eye surgeries in addition to the expenses of the site.
    Snow may be temporary but wrenching is forever

CTSledder37

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 01:02:19 am »
    Great post and agreed. If financially able everyone should make a donation. Heading there now.
    1969 Ariens Arrow
    1970 Sno-Pack Scatback (X2)
    1972 Poloron Cyclone
    1971 Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz
    1968 Ski Doo Super-Olympique
    1978 John Deere Spitfire

CTSledder37

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 09:18:08 pm »
    David sent a nice note thanking me for the donation. He's been dealing with multiple eye surgeries in addition to the expenses of the site.

Sent me one as well, very nice. Happy to help and hope many others chip in as well.
    1969 Ariens Arrow
    1972 Poloron Cyclone
    1978 John Deere Spitfire

jerre310

• SnoPro
    « Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 02:28:26 pm »
    Dave has some interesting entries this month.  Enjoyed the entry on Feb. 14 for the Argo sleds and the MotoLoo on Feb. 2.    Also, Ski Doo literature scattered out in the month of February.      Also, do not forget to send Dave a donation so we can keep this going.

jerre310

• SnoPro
    « Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 04:07:00 pm »
    Thanks to all of you who donated to Dave for the continued growth of his Vintage Snowmobile Site.  He is always looking for pictures  and stories of sleds or vintage shows.   So send him a donation and your pictures and stories.

CTSledder37

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 10:16:13 pm »
    Thanks to all of you who donated to Dave for the continued growth of his Vintage Snowmobile Site.  He is always looking for pictures  and stories of sleds or vintage shows.   So send him a donation and your pictures and stories.

After his nice thank you email to me for the donation we got talking sleds and he ended up featuring my Sno pack and Poloron. Very cool. Thanks for posting this idea.
    1969 Ariens Arrow
    1972 Poloron Cyclone
    1978 John Deere Spitfire

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 05:11:41 am »
    Midwest Vintage Snowmobile Shows, Inc had a committee meeting this evening for next winters Midwest Ride-In and it was unanimously approved to send another modest donation to David's site.  The site is such a valuable tool for our hobby we will gladly make another donation.