Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 76 Polaris 340 starfire resurrection (a wake-up from a long slumber)  (Read 2012 times)

TXFAN

• SnoPro
Originally owned by Dan Rose, of Glen NY, this sled was sold to a gentleman in Minnesota and sat idle in a collection for 20 years.    I bought a bunch of parts and some sleds from the gentleman and the 340 starfire came back to NY.    Dan was a past president of the VSCA and passed away suddenly in the early 2000's, he had been a friend of mine.  It was a nice coincidence to get this sled back to NY.   I have brought it back to running status as-is for this winter but will lightly restore it with correct parts in the future.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:38:19 pm by TXFAN »

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

TXFAN

• SnoPro
    Re: 76 Polaris 340 starfire resurrection
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 03:28:45 pm »
    at home in the garage for sorting last spring, it has a later "round top" hood that was modified to look like it was for a 76 340 starfire.  Included in the purchase was an original 340 starfire hood.  I plan on painting the correct hood and install it on the machine, with just some light paint work to pretty the rest of the sled up. 

TXFAN

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:30:16 pm »
    the correct hood, will paint it properly

TXFAN

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 03:34:29 pm »
    after a carb cleaning, all fuel lines replaced, new tank pickup, and 112 octane Sunoco mixed 50/50 with 93 octane, it runs.  I have been enjoying it on Warner's Lake in upstate NY the past several weekends.  Second from right in this picture.   

73 RATX

• SnoPro
    Re: 76 Polaris 340 starfire resurrection (a wake-up from a long slumber)
    « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:54:54 pm »
    TXFAN,
    Nice sled!   Has the serial number for this sled been reported in the 76 Starfire thread in the Member Compiled Number Listings section?  If not please post it.  It has been two years since anything new has been posted.  I like seeing all the new listings for the 77 SRX, but it would be nice to see some action in the Polaris threads!