Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The passing of Ed Webb  (Read 2801 times)

ski-doood

• SnoPro
The passing of Ed Webb
« on: December 13, 2020, 04:28:03 pm »
Ed Webb, one of our hobby's Super Collectors passed away last night.  His longtime friend and employee Kevin Lehse said he died of complications from Covid although Ed has had health issues for quite a few years. 

At one time Ed may have owned the largest collection of rare and desirable Vintage Sleds with lots of the odd n rare and fast n race.  His collection was amazing and I think numbered around 600 when he decided it was time to share a few with others in the hobby.  I think many quality collections in our hobby today have sleds that came from Ed.

Ed was always really good to Midwest Vintage Snowmobile Shows and the Waconia Ride-In.  Long time sponsor and always willing to lend some special sleds for a special Waconia ballroom display.  Ed also owned Recreational Engineering out in Eden Valley MN.

The hobby will miss you Ed.  R.I.P..

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

danno297

• SnoPro
    Re: The passing of Ed Webb
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 06:46:03 pm »
    I read about his collection after it had been sold off.  I would have been in snowmobile heaven seeing it.  Thank you for preserving these old machines.  R.I.P Ed and my sympathy and prayers to your family.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 12:27:10 am by danno297 »
    PETT Member 102

71TXman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 03:17:00 pm »
    Oh man, that just sucks! He was not that old was he? I got to meet Ed on multiple occasions, and every time I went to his place I found something new while rummaging through his pallets full of parts!!

He was a damned good guy, once I got to know him after buying a sled from him (I bought 3 total at different times, TX Playmate, 1969 Moto-Ski Zephyr with 634 Hirth Mod & megaphones, and a 71 TX Racer 795) he just handed me the keys to his buildings and said "go look around a bit and feel free to take pictures". Man what a collection, he also had some beautiful cars/trucks too. He had a very low mileage Chevy SS 454 truck, a low mileage DeLorean and multiple other vehicles.

Very sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great guy. R.I.P. Ed  :'(

rupp838485

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 02:20:38 am »
    Our prayers go out to the Webb family. We have known Ed along time when he started selling spider brand snowmobile parts to Snow Stuff. We also bought the Brut engines for our Scram Jet boats along with other parts that they used on the WETJET Water craft. Rest in Peace ED.    Roger and Randy Neumann