Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Viking Racers  (Read 887 times)

Lobo

• SnoPro
Viking Racers
« on: October 18, 2020, 01:32:08 pm »
I'm restoring Cheater67's old Viking racer. After it left Cheater it lived a hard life in Michigan before coming back home here to Minnesota.  Over the years I have seen photos of Viking one-lunger racers on this site but not for a long time. Can any of you share any info or photos about them?  I'd like to get some ideas.  Thanks.

Lobo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F2YakCC33xC8s6mW7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pmp15kMkWLynJLia6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8WWgUPcRSUaHG6CJ8

And if someone could remind me how to post pictures on here it would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:49:20 pm by Lobo »
Lobo

"Newbie on a poorly handling overpowered sled"

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

ColorMeGone

• SnoPro
    • PETT 94
    Re: Viking Racers
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 04:08:10 pm »
    Is cheaters race sled the yeller one?  Seems the ruff life would of been when he raced it, though it looks pretty good.
    All the sudden I have all triples...

Lobo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:25:34 pm »
    Címon.  The Viking one-lunger racers look pretty amazing and I know we had some drivers do very well in racing them.  Iíve lost my file on my computer where I used to keep the photos.  Can anyone here post a few?  Just starting this Viking racer project and I need some inspiration.

Also, anyone out there ever race with a Sachs 370 with the 400 mod upgrade?  This is what I have in the Viking right now.  Itís heavy, pretty low RPM, but gobs of torque.  Keep it or switch it out to the lighter Sachs 290 with less HP and torque but higher RPM?
    Lobo

"Newbie on a poorly handling overpowered sled"

unclebob78

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 03:19:55 am »
    Torque will get you off the corners faster. If geared right you should be close at the end of the straight against a higher rpm sled. What's the old saying..."Horsepower sells, but torque wins races."  If your looking for top speed on a long run, then go for rpm. if your running a quarter mile oval, torque would be my choice. Just my two cents.

Lumpy59

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 09:34:34 pm »
    I have to agree with Uncle Bob, clutch & geared correctly the Sachs will work just fine as long as your not running against twins . The big bore one lung will always have a place in my heart!
    You can have horsepower but if you donít have it geared and clutch to its power band you have nothing.
    Oh ........and a sled the turns left very well and a driver
    50 years of sledding, proud to have served as a National  Judge.