Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brainerd grass drags  (Read 1017 times)

wildman

• SnoPro
Brainerd grass drags
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:23:56 pm »
Well, we're going to give it a try at the Crow Wing County fairgrounds. Not sure what the "racing" will consist of because our normal crew is gone doing other things so we only have a few of the regulars in scoring and registration. I would plan on setting up who you guys want to race with, we can announce who is expected to line up next. Blame St. Paul, this mess wasn't our idea. The usual distancing and mask if you cant distance requirements are expected by those in St. Paul or they will drop the hammer on us. Swapping is expected to be huge this year.
George
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:20:16 am by wildman »

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

rockbass99

• SnoPro
    Re: Brainerd grass drags
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:25:38 am »
    Just call it a protest race.     Me and a couple buddies were all set to go until we heard of the change in plans.  Now we are headed to Tomahawk wi. On Saturday because they are having actual races.   Friggin’ politicians screw up everything.  No one will ever make me believe that grass drags outdoors are anywhere close to as risky as going to Walmart on the weekend.    No sense to any of it.   I give you guys a big two thumbs up for your efforts

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 04:03:01 am »
    George -  glad you are moving forward with the event. I might suggest posting some event info every day in the Classifieds.  This site is pretty quiet at this time of the year so you want as many to see the info as possible and not every one looks at Bull Sessions. Good luck and you might get a bunch of swappers as there is a lot of vintage energy that has not been unleashed this summer.

smokin joe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 01:00:53 am »
    WHAT ARE THE CLASSES FOR SAT PLEASE

wildman

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »
    I'm watering the track today so I won't be on here again til later tonight fellas. We will wait and see who and what shows up for racing, we have our goodie bags ready to go, will mark out the hot pits tonight before dark. A swapper from Warnert Racing is already here.

skeg777

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 03:53:42 am »
    I think the club did a great job , they raced  we swapped  and more swappers than I have seen in a long time, thanks for making it happen .  Conrad

wildman

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 02:05:19 pm »
    Thank you sir, we had a smaller set up crew than normal for numerous reasons, many of you know what that is.  The swap was an incredible site to see, thanks to all of you for making it so great. There will be SOME discussion about what if anything we are doing next year, but my body cant take 7 straight days of lugging watering equipment around anymore. We had a cable failure on the start line, thought is was a photo eye, but it's a cable. we lost about a half hour fiddling with it.   
    That system, with the exception of the finish line camera, is around 30+years old and has NOT had the Portatree updates. Stay tuned. :-\

Rupp luver

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 02:50:52 pm »
    Want to thank the Snodeos for putting this event on.Perfect weather,fast sleds & good deals in the swap area.It was a little chilly Friday night,but Saturday was ok.Thanks again.
    "I BUILD fun sleds",NOT show sleds"!!
    PETT#77
    1970 Rupp Magnum 440WT[Tilly & 440  Sachs]
    1970 Rupp [AC 275 FA engine[Mikuni carb]
    1971 Rupp Sprint 40[399 Hirth][Tilly]
    1981 AC 340FA-Mikuni
    1977 AC 275FA-Mikuni
    Plus a Rupp/Polaris project.
    And 3 other Rupp projects.
    Also one Scorp project.

wildman

• SnoPro
    « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 10:20:14 pm »
    Thank you Rupp lover, it was nice to see ya again...  It's been a rough ride for far to long :D
    Wish we could have gotten email addresses from people swapping, makes it easy to chat later.