Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RV Sports in Thief River Falls closing  (Read 1873 times)

PROWLER

• SnoPro
Re: RV Sports in Thief River Falls closing
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 12:02:45 pm »
thanks john for the story I knew he wanted out ,but Textron is being a bugger for a lot of cat dealers want to wish randy and his wife a happy retirement

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    « Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 03:46:34 pm »
    It is a sad day for sure.  I was ordering from their catalog 30 yrs ago.  Still have several of them around.   

Happy for them that they are retiring, but a real shame that it's at a time when there is apparently no opportunity to sell.   Also just kind of a sign of the times.   Great, well respected dealership in a factory's home town just closing it's doors.   

I wish John and his wife a long and happy retirement!   

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 03:00:21 am »
    Textron/Arctic Cat is losing two very valued franchises right now in Minnesota with Waconia's UFC/Farm Supply closing their Powersports location and now RV Sports.  Farm Supply had to be a Cat dealer for at least 30 years?  RV Sports since the early 60's and then not too long ago they lost another 30 year dealer when Lossing's in Babbitt switched over to BRP.  These are dealers with huge followings of very loyal customers.

My question is how does Textron hang on to these customers?  Are they adding dealers as they lose some of these?  Do they think those customers will travel longer distances to some of the great dealers they still do have like Thomas Sno Sports and Country Cat?

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    « Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 06:58:07 pm »
    They have also recently lost some of their best sales people as well.   One in particular that I know well an dealt with when we were in the business.   He was counting the days in the end.   

I expect that they will try to do it with as few larger dealers as they can get away with.  Nothing against those dealers, but it does get to be tougher on the consumer.   Especially when it comes to service.  The fewer there are, the longer the waits will be and we all know how that goes when the season is as short as it is.   Nobody wants to $14k for a sled and have it sit for 2 of the maybe 4-6 weeks you have to ride locally.   

ovals forever

• SnoPro
    « Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 04:44:52 am »
    I buy a new ranger 1000 every year perfect no issues the one I just got three weeks ago northland edition unbelievable love it sold my last three with full cab and heater ,one thing the guys im selling to were previous honda owners ,they love the dust free cab low noise inside, 8) and the ride ,now the guy down the street owns a last years john deere he and his wife came over and drove it they just loved it ,asked if and when im going to sell I laughed there is a reason Polaris is number one in sales in side by sides wait till next year already seen them wow little bigger little wider and a whole bunch more horsepower some models could increase around 80 more horse for the sand dunes and moutains

I would hope you don't have problems if you buy a new one every year, why don't you keep one for 5 or 10 years and then let us know if you've had any problems. lol

ovals forever

• SnoPro
    « Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 04:56:15 am »
    Unless you have a multi million dollar business that needs a tax rite off being an Arctic Cat dealer will break you

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #21 on: August 02, 2020, 03:35:56 am »
    I  happened to be driving thru Cokato Minnesota today and noticed one of the two buildings that use to be home to Jack's Marine has now been torn down. There was a time when a lot of Arctic Cat snowmobiles were flowing out those doors.

I went to their auction a long time ago when they closed down the dealership and I think I bought 3 light up Arctic Cat signs and a Benelli sign.  They had some good new old stock Cat parts that were going dirt cheap.  I had two Cat friends that were there that I had to nudge some to get them to scarf up some of the deals.  I remember one box of stuff had 6-7-8 1972 EXT exhaust snuffers new in their boxes and the whole flat of parts went for $4.  Those were the days I guess.