Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: R.I.P. John Jantsch  (Read 6241 times)

ski-doood

• SnoPro
R.I.P. John Jantsch
« on: June 02, 2020, 02:49:44 am »
I am sorry to pass along the news that John Jantsch of Wausau Wisconsin lost his battle to cancer.  I think it was early this morning.

John had tons of friends in our hobby and with the Ski-doo crowd.  One of the really nice people in our hobby.

Please keep John's wife Karen and the Family in your thoughts and prayers.

I believe John was only 57?

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

twhite

• SnoPro
    Re: R.I.P. John Jantsch
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 05:45:46 am »
    God bless your soul John, truly one of the nicest people I've known.

sledder1

• SnoPro
    • VSCA #143
    « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 11:42:41 am »
    Happy Trails, RIP

Tom Priebe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 02:09:08 pm »
    Truly a gentleman.  I don't know if he ever realized just how many people he touched.  The last picture he texted me was of him and his grandson goofing off eating breakfast.  Loved it!

RIP John
    Pay no attention to the man behind the green curtain!

• Modified
    « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 06:51:54 pm »
    Gosh This is 2 good friends in the last week  :'(
    What a Great guy and a good friend
    Rest in peace my friend!

ifschap

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 12:03:33 am »
    I'm so very sorry to here of John's passing. What a great guy!!! The family is in my thoughts and prayers!!! RIP!!

tx340

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 02:31:12 am »
    This  is  upsetting news, John has been a great friend to me over the years and helped me with information to write my Vintage Rider stories in SnowTech over the years.
    My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Hal Armstrong
    71 TX 649 2+1 Racer
    72 ATX 335
    96 XCR 440

" Ride Hard.... Ride Fast  and Livestrong"

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    « Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 03:15:49 am »
    John had so many friends in the hobby but especially with many in the Ski-doo Crowd.  I know John cherished his friendship with Phil Mickelson and I know Phil felt the same way.  I think John absorbed everything he could from Phil and John passionately kept Phil's Legacy alive for us. Phil was a Ski-doo Historian and John filled Phil's shoes perfectly after Phil's passing.

Saturday morning January 26, 2019, Doug Hayes drove over to pick up an already very sick John to bring John to the Waconia Ride-In to be a VIP Guest Speaker at the evening banquet at the invite of Les Pinz and the MVSS Committee.  John was not well but he was not going to miss delivering his speech and it was special, and I know how much he wanted to deliver it.  Basically it was a very well prepared tribute to Phil.  John had many friends in the audience that evening that really enjoyed it so much. John put on a good show that day downplaying the horrible disease he was dealing with. Doug made sure he made the long trip back home that same evening/morning to get John home to rest and be with his family. 

It was one of many great experiences many of us were lucky enough to share with John.  R.I.P. John

Chapguy2

• SnoPro
    « Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 10:58:39 am »
    This is so sad !!!! I never met John but, emailed, talked on the phone and texted for about 15 years. He was such a nice guy and so knowledgeable with Ski Doos. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom Priebe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 12:53:05 pm »
    I am posting this for Ramblin' Ray:

I am not a member and don’t post on the boards anymore so please indulge me. I was told of the passing of a snowmobile great today. At around 8:30 my friend and old racing buddy Tom Priebe told me John has passed away. In the world you could not find a kinder, smarter, gentler man than John. He helped me with sled builds, knowledge and even legal advice when needed. As Johns cancer progressed, I tried to lift him up with stories of hope, I have worked with cancer survivors and have seen miracles. I told him I would help him get his suspension in his latest Blizz project as he was just too weak from the chemo. I will miss our conversations. His grandkids and family have suffered a tremendous loss. The people I have met because of two skis and a track is enough to fill a book (one that I’m writing). If you are the praying kind, say some for the ones he leaves behind. Because given the news we are seeing he truly is in a better place. May every trail be smooth, every left turn be precise, and may God grant you eternal peace with every hard to find part you ever needed. Rest well my friend

RR 224.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the green curtain!

markxx800

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Western NY
    « Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 02:35:40 pm »
    What a loss..such a great guy. Helped me in soo many ways

Mark
    Give me Liberty or give me Death

bigbert

• SnoPro
    « Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 02:51:20 pm »
    John and I had been exchanging photos by email almost every week. About 3 weeks ago I asked John if I should hold off on sending more. John just said "Keep them coming"  That would be the last email from John.

Prayers to Johns family and friends.

R.I.P. My Friend

John had sent me these photos.

Dave Olson

Triple Z

• SnoPro
    • Lapeer & Lupton Mich Host Ogemaw Hills Ride
    « Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 05:14:37 pm »
    RIP John.    Met him at Waconia in 07 or so.   Like many of us from this crazy hobby- it was like seeing one of your buddies from when you were 10 years old growing up in the neighborhood.   

So sorry to hear this, our thoughts and prayers to his whole family.     
    65 D100,65-170,66 D100,66 140D,67 H15 Panther,68 PantherH17, 69 Panther H19,69 Panther P19SS,70 Panther 295J ,  70 634 Mod P
    70 Puma 295 EXT,70 Panther295 EXT, 71 292 EXT Special,71 340 PumaZ,72 250&290 EXT,73 250 El'T ,74 295 El'tigre,76 Jag3000,75-76-77 250Z,78 El'Tigre 6000,
    79 CCC ,80snopro

Earl

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 06:24:52 pm »
    Rambling Ray:as we all know life is too short , please  reconsider and contribute your knowledge to this site once again....you are missed.....
    the wife tells me  " I'm  a a$$hole"    and I agree     2001 Panther 2 up         2002 Z 570

Roseaufan

• SnoPro
    • Be more.
    « Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 09:21:52 pm »
    This hurts.

I met John years ago and was immediately infected with his enthusiasm. John was THEE BEST restoration guy out there. He researched, he got the history right, and he didn't under or overdo the machines he worked on - they were PERFECT.

I think his work on the Trapp Yamaha and Rugland's 76 Ski-Soo SnoPro are two of the best restorations ever done. The really amazing thing about a restoration done right is that the first time you look at them, it's like a time-machine: Your suddenly right back to being a kid staring at that sled in the pits in Alexandria or Eagle River.

On top of that, John was one of those guys I just wanted to help in any way I could (even if he was a ski-doo guy!! LOL) because he would have given me the shirt off his back to help out. He had TONS of very rare photos and depth of knowledge few could match.

Always fun to hang out with and I will really miss this guy - and so will the hobby.

God Speed my friend!

Creator of: Quality Garage Time® (QGT) | Go Fast, Turn Left, Look Cool® | Vintage SnoPro Series® | Sky Blue Express® | The Z-Bar Militia® | The Patron Saint of Vintage Snowmobiling® | The Bull Sessions™ |