Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Parts for the 1979 - 1980 Arctic Cat Sno Pro clones  (Read 3430 times)

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
  • Go Big Or Go Home
Parts for the 1979 - 1980 Arctic Cat Sno Pro clones
« on: May 31, 2020, 04:42:38 am »
 Does anyone know who is building 79 -80 Cat Sno Pro clones ? I am restoring a 1980 Scorpion and they are based on the Cat Sno Pro chassis. I am looking for a right foot stirrup.
 Any leads out there ?
 Vic

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Re: Parts for the 1979 - 1980 Arctic Cat Sno Pro clones
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 01:58:19 am »
    I would guess Al Enno up around the Fargo area would be.  He has been building that era of Sno-Pros for 20 years or maybe even more.

corey237

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 03:45:38 am »
    Someone posted this on here a while back:

Just wondering if there is anybody out there interested in building clones of the 78-79 ski doo, RXL, and Cat, sno pros.  I have all the templates, jigs and fixtures to build these.   I would like to work with someone that would continue building this stuff.  If interested, please use my email, and I can send you pictures and discuss details.........I also have lots of parts.  I have been doing this long enough, its time to slow down!!!
    Also have everything to do the Davco mini champ/sno pro sleds for the little guy's.   Thanks Dave O
    [email protected]
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive"

-Thomas Sowell

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 04:07:08 pm »
     Hey Dave ! I sent you a PM on this subject.
     Vic

corey237

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 04:15:52 pm »
    Hey Dave ! I sent you a PM on this subject.
     Vic

I'm not Dave. I just reposted his message that I seen on here a while back to help you out. His screen name is davco.
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive"

-Thomas Sowell

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    « Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 05:22:06 pm »
    Hey Vic,

Not sure what happened to my earlier post on this thread, but I don't think Dave is your answer.   I have one of his chassis, and they are race clones, so some things measure the same, but may not look exact.   He can probably replicate exactly what you need, but pretty much retired at this point.  I can PM you his contact info if interested.   

GHenry

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Some people aren't really all that they post to be
    « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 12:12:19 am »
    There are "players" out there with what you want, you just need to learn the "Arctic Sno Pro" secret handshake and one will appear. 
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:10:43 am by GHenry »
    VINTAGE YAMAHA PARTS AND RESTORATIONS-

AVAILABLE THROUGH KOCHS PERFORMANCE, MIDDLE INLET WISCONSIN

(715) 854 - 2463

LEON AND PENNE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST ANYONE IN NEED

AWARD WINNING RESTORATIONS

VINTAGE YAMAHA PARTS

GIVE THEM A CALL, THEY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 04:09:21 pm »
    GHenery  you are correct  about the secret handshake . Apparently I have not got that perfected yet. I bet when I get some of these parts replicated  to exact as originals . my handshake would be accepted . That is when I have my own secret handshake ?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
     Vic

fast dad

• SnoPro
    « Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 10:48:12 am »
    I found my old 1980 Acrtic cat Sno Pro manual they gave us when we bought the sled..Has all the set ups and what to change and look for...If people want to have them I can get a price for printing them..

TJ

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 03:55:26 pm »
    TJ     Do you have any source for the parts that I am looking for ?  When I bought one of the 2ea Factory 1980 Race sleds , one came with the docs that you had mentioned. They are help full in showing what parts are needed if you are missing any and also the setup. I would be interested in buying copies of the what to change and look for . Always interested in gathering up technical information on all my restorations.
     Vic

fast dad

• SnoPro
    « Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 12:43:05 pm »
    sorry Vic I don't have anything left.. sold everything to pay off the loan to buy the sled!!  yep went to the bank and borrowed the 5K for the sled..

I just had 3 copies made they cost me 25.00. they come with a spiral binder and they are so much clearer than the original.  I will sell them for that if anyone wants one.plus shipping of coarse..

TJ

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:31 pm »
     TJ    Is the what to change and look for ? In that binder also ?
     Yeah I do know how we had to  back in the day , sell off all our old race stuff to fund the next years race equipment . Now I am chasing all this stuff down.
     Vic

Hairball27

• Super-Mod
    • MOVE YOUR JUNK .... so i can put my stuf there
    « Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 12:24:42 pm »
    Dave O, had him build me a 80 sno pro chassis, scraped the whole thing!  waste of money, nothing was accurate so I assume  his templates are also garbage! my loss is your warning !. Al Enno has likely the closest thing and has more experience with building them. also there is a guy in Ontario you should avoid!

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    « Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 05:44:38 am »
    Sorry to hear you were not happy with yours!  A couple of Dave's chassis have won at Eagle River.   

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 04:27:53 pm »
     Like my sleds that I restore , I pay a lot of attention to details . When I make parts for the ones that I am missing , I make sure that these are exact in every way to a original not just something that would work for a clone. At this point I am going to start the process in reproducing one for  my sled and couple of spares to sell in order to help in compensating myself for the cost to make these parts.
    So if anyone is interested in one , better get with me.
     Vic