Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minnesota State Fair Announcement coming today - Hay Day & Princeton??  (Read 262 times)

ski-doood

• SnoPro
Tomorrow, Friday we believe the Minnesota State Fair destiny for 2020 will be announced.

From everything I have been hearing this is for sure what the Sno-Barons have been waiting for on determining a 2020 Haydays.

I think the Princeton event is watching the State Fair closely along with what the Mille Lacs County Fair does.   I think they were pow-wowing this week but have not heard any updates if that has happened.

I don't think any one knew for sure the State Fair was making this announcement up till yesterday - now they say it happens tomorrow.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    It has been officially cancelled.   It's really too bad, and still a long ways out, but i can't imagine how much advance work an event like this requires.

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    I don't think they had much choice.  How would you like to be a food vendor out there like Sweet Martha's cookies who I think does well over a million dollars in cookie sales. Heck,  Nestles had a bad day today also.  I wonder how many chocolate chips is in a bucket of Sweet Marthas?

Now we see what Hay Days does and I expect that to happen SOON.  Princeton probably also but I do know they were also watching for what the Mille Lacs County Fair does.

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    As of today all decisions on Hay Days 2020 will happen June 11.  I believe the whole registration process goes on hold till then also.

SRX SnoPro

• SnoPro
    • Western WI
    Ellsworth Dairy normally sells 5 tons of cheese curds every year at the fair.  At this point they expect that more milk will likely go to waste. 

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Right after the MN State Fair cancelled yesterday another large traditional MN event pulled the plug and that is Game Fair at Anoka Minnesota each August.  A Minnesota tradition that covers 6 days and is all outdoors.

The Delano Minnesota July 4th Parade, I think the biggest July 4th parade in MN also cancelled, this was expected being that it is coming up so soon.

ski-doood

• SnoPro
    Just in, Princeton is cancelled.