Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classifieds Posting System.  (Read 1835 times)

wankel303

• SnoPro
Classifieds Posting System.
« on: March 23, 2020, 11:17:44 pm »
Ya know, I hate to complain but, ... what on earth is going on with the classifieds system on this webpage?  Everytime I try to post something for sale or wanted, it takes days and a bipartisan act of congress,.... personal messages to moderators and etc. to get it posted.  I have never had anything wrong with any of my postings and it's the same deal every time I post something.  How did I get on the black list here?  Geez.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Sledded

• SnoPro
    Re: Classifieds Posting System.
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:40 pm »
    We're all in the same boat. Secret handshake maybe. Some go through.....some don't. Probably one of the reasons you don't see as many people logged in as once upon a time. I imagine this thread will be put over to a different classification where people won't see it. I've sure enjoyed this site though. I think it has been good for the hobby, for the most part, even with its' glitches.
    I Ain't Never Had Too Much Fun. Commander Cody

ilikesleds

• SnoPro
    • I really Like Sleds
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 11:34:07 pm »
    I just posted one. Not sure what the issue is
    United States Air Force Retired

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 05:04:33 pm »
     I posted items over the last couple of days without any issues.
     Vic

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Fresh Snow makes me Whiz
      • Ski Whiz Rescue Mission
    « Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:36:53 am »
    Just about the only reason ads get flagged is because there is something in the ad that is in the list. The puzzle is where is is hidden among the text you typed. Common reasons are ads containing items that are too new. Selling anything for 2000 dollars will get stuck. Words or phrases that contain flagged words.

There are approx 500 flags in the classifieds list, mostly swear or racist trigger words.
    Critical to prevent the posting of garbage in the classifieds. But there are a significant number of words that were added to block items that are not allowed. Every word was added to address a problem that arose in the past. Many to address the posting of items by trolls.

Do Not believe everything you think.

73 RATX

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 04:37:23 pm »
    Are the trigger words posted somewhere so a person could figure out why their ad is not posting?

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Fresh Snow makes me Whiz
      • Ski Whiz Rescue Mission
    « Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:38:39 pm »
    Are the trigger words posted somewhere so a person could figure out why their ad is not posting?

No. That just encourages attempts to skirt the rules, which only results in more reporting and removal of ads.
    Do Not believe everything you think.