Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1983 Yamaha Excel III  (Read 216 times)

Snowman02

• Super-Mod
1983 Yamaha Excel III
« on: February 22, 2020, 03:07:23 am »
This was my first successful ride on my Excel III after I drug it out if the woods. I had it out twice before this, but ended up towing it back to the garage both times.

https://youtu.be/QIg4OVBdMoc
~Nick
1971 Arctic Cat Puma 340 (future project)
1983 Yamaha Excel III 340
1995 Polaris Indy Special XLT 600

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

cotterpin

• SnoPro
    Re: 1983 Yamaha Excel III
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:39:16 am »
    Nice. Sled sounds good. All the ET series sleds were very dependable. I never had a single problem with mine. If all is in good working order that should run for a long time.
    Why is the vintage stuff only rare and expensive when I'm looking to buy but is worthless when I try to sell it?

Snowman02

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »
    Nice. Sled sounds good. All the ET series sleds were very dependable. I never had a single problem with mine. If all is in good working order that should run for a long time.
    Thanks. Not too bad considering I have spent less than $100 on it so far.
    ~Nick

SirSpamalot

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 01:29:11 am »
    So nice to see one running. One year we had our sled show and every time I went to a planning meeting I saw one sitting across from the field in some guys yard with a cardboard and crayon for sale sign on it. Nice one, easy resto. Finally the weekend before the show we were picking trash off the field and seeing where stuff was gonna go, checking out the power boxes, etc. I went over and talked to the guy. I offered to help him drag it over show day and to help him sell it. No strings, Free, I'd babysit it. She'll go to a good home I said. Nope, not interested, had to watch the ball game, etc, etc,. He wouldn't give me a price.  That sled sat there until the plastic faded pink, another season or two.  :'(  I think they finally scrapped it.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:38:36 am by SirSpamalot »
    I have one very special sled.
    I no longer claim to be omniscient because the rules are more like guidelines.
    Thank God I have more than one hobby.

Snowman02

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 05:58:30 pm »
    So nice to see one running. One year we had our sled show and every time I went to a planning meeting I saw one sitting across from the field in some guys yard with a cardboard and crayon for sale sign on it. Nice one, easy resto. Finally the weekend before the show we were picking trash off the field and seeing where stuff was gonna go, checking out the power boxes, etc. I went over and talked to the guy. I offered to help him drag it over show day and to help him sell it. No strings, Free, I'd babysit it. She'll go to a good home I said. Nope, not interested, had to watch the ball game, etc, etc,. He wouldn't give me a price.  That sled sat there until the plastic faded pink, another season or two.  :'(  I think they finally scrapped it.
    Iíll never understand people like that. Someone could have fixed it up and used it, or if nothing else, part it out to save another one.

If your interested, here is another thread I started showing what I did to it: https://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,355015.0.html
    ~Nick