Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................  (Read 21374 times)

tripleart

• Global Moderator
  • SnoPro
  • PETT MEMBER #87
I just found out a good friend from the Vintage Snowmobile world has passed away from a sudden heart attack,,Phil Becker,,,,also known as ZUK ,,,he was from Beaver Island,,also a moderator for VINTAGESLEDS.COM,,,I'm very sad,,,,,god speed my friend...………………………….

Skidooman: 14/01/19 the following below is copied from 70MF on Page 6 of this thread:

***** Date changed for Phil’s funeral service*****
 Phils daughter sent me a message today, the service has been changed from June 29 to July 1. Just a heads up if anyone is going or has already booked a room.

Friends, family, Portage Northern class of '72, snowmobile friends, Due to many circumstances, our family has shifted the funeral to Monday, July 1st at 11 AM. We can work with you to help you find lodging, as this is an extremely busy week on the Island.
Link to initial thread with funeral info: https://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,348833.0.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:22:06 pm by Skidooman »

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

sledder1

• SnoPro
    • VSCA #143
    WOW, very sad news.
      Skip

399jlo

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids"
    RIP Zuk. Very sad news!
    "Let's Go Brandon"
    "Poor kids are just as bright ,just as talented as white kids"-SEN Joe Biden

FlexibleFlyer

• SnoPro
    Truly a sad day in the vintage world. I never met Zuk but enjoyed reading his posts and seeing his pictures. R.I.P Zuk.

markcp

• SnoPro
    Truly a sad day in the vintage world. I never met Zuk but enjoyed reading his posts and seeing his pictures. R.I.P Zuk.

X2   Always had great interesting posts

Lakerider

• SnoPro
    • Michigan
    Very sad to hear about this ,.. Phil was a really good friend of mine.      I will miss him very much.

rminier

• SnoPro
     Very sad to hear this....RIP Zuk.
    75 Snojet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670, and holding...for now.

zoom

• SnoPro
    • The whole fam damily in 1968
    Wow, talk about sudden !  RIP ZUK , you will be missed.

Earl

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    Oh no!  I just PM him last night,  we both had some of the same demon's in our earlier lives which we both had beaten. He filled a void as a older brother for me.  Rest in Peace  my friend, truely a very sad day in my life.... :'( :'( :'( :'(
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:15:42 pm by Earl »

70 MF

• SnoPro
    This is truly a sad day, Phil and I were good friends. I met him at A-1 in the fall of 2009 and we became good friends and would stay at my house for the swap over the next few years... he was a gentleman to my wife and treated my kids like his own. I always looked forward to the few times he would come off island each year for vintage events.... he will be missed. RIP my friend.
    1980 485cc Exciter
    1980 485cc Exciter “Agent Orange”
    ‘70 Massey 500SST
    '71 Massey 400SST
    ‘86 Ski Doo Formula SP (Zuk’s Sled)
    ‘85 Vmax 540 600 Pro Stock ‘Kimbo’
    ‘97 Vmax SX700

markxx800

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Western NY
    Re: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................
    « Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 12:18:45 pm »
    What a terrible loss... RIP Phil.

Mark
    Give me Liberty or give me Death

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 12:24:57 pm »
    Oh no.
    When I grow up, I want to be a biker. But Mom says I can't do both.

dirtman

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • nort west mini-sota ya betcha
    « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 12:39:33 pm »
    OMG!  sudden tragedy for sure.  he will greatly be missed!

dirtman
    a bunch of Polaris's   PETT # 85

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 01:00:32 pm »
    So this is a pretty hard lump in my throat. We've been friends for many years. We've seen each other all over Northern MI. When my Wife had her car accident Zuk always asked about her. He was very concerned about her. And also he was down last month and was very, very worried about one of our mutual friends PGN who's been having some health concerns. Man just a couple days ago we were talking about a part that I offered to make for one of his sleds. He was excited because it was he "BEST SLED" and was very much looking forward to finally finishing it up.

So here are a couple pictures of our friend.

First two pics from the Bogie Bash 2016

Third pic Zuk with Lakerider from A-1

Phil Becker (Zuknomad) RIP.  :'(

When I grow up, I want to be a biker. But Mom says I can't do both.

MR Misfit

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • I am a misfit in every way
    « Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 01:28:12 pm »
    Sad day Phil was a great guy  fun to be around he always smiling rest in peace good friend 3 long 2 short you will be missed
    1968 fox trac 300
    1968 larson hawk
    1970 ski whiz 350ss
    1971 ariens 400ss
    1971 ariens 300 s