Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................  (Read 16148 times)

TZR

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
R.I.P. Zuk Phil Becker
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 01:52:45 am »
Im still a bit shocked hearing of Phils passing.

I went up mountain today Dec 17 and honored Phil.  I serviced the Topance warming hut, then stood on the deck watching light snow gently and silently fall, and thought of all the things Phil brought to this hobby in the last decade.

Dont even know where to begin..........

Rideing Onward..........as the World Spirals Downward

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

EricR

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Official Tillotson ambassador to the south!
      • Jethros Garage
    Re: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................
    « Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:07 am »
    Rest in peace and ride on Zuk!

Can't say I had met him in person but visiting Beaver and saying hi to Phil was on the list of vacation road trips. 
    I scatter them from the midwest to south of the Mason Dixon

H.O 350

• SnoPro
    « Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 01:59:32 am »
    He added me on Facebook,never met him in person,but was one of the few I followed.Enjoyed his pics of Beaver Island

Skidooman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
      • Marty's Motorized Mayhemn
    « Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 02:41:47 am »
    My heart sank when I clicked on this thread. My condolences to his family and friends.
    Never met Phil in person, but it's been a privilege to have him come on-board and assist in moderating this site.
    I too am going to am going miss his Zuk monologues with it's pictures.
    God Speed.
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:33:03 am by Skidooman »
    Pictures and Videos of Motorized Events:
    http://www.martysmotorizedmayhem.com

jschaffer

• SnoPro
    « Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:17 am »
    Like some have said earlier I am in disbelief.  Always kind and considerate and a joy to know and talk with.  I will surely miss seeing Phil, BS'ing, and Sunday Night Oldies on WVBI.  I am not very good at posting pictures, I will try the next few days.  But my avatar picture is one Phil took of me at the Jack Pine Ride several years ago.  RIP ZukNomad
    1975 Yamaha GPX 433G
    1977 Yamaha SRX 440A
    1979 Yamaha SRX 440C

sleddinfool

• SnoPro
    • South Lyon and Hale
    « Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 02:57:00 am »
    I also am saddened to read this. I also saw triplearts post on facebook..He truly was a great guy. As my brother and many others have stated, after talking with him, you just walked away--happy and smiling. Until we meet agin, Phil.. RIP.. Kevin
    1972 340 panther
    1974 chaparral ssx340
    1974 chaparral ssx440
    1971arctic cat puma 340
    1973 moto-ski f-440
    1972 bolens sprint tw433
    1972 chaparral firebird 440, also a hirth 440 powered
    1981 arctic cat pantera
    1981 arctic cat panther
    1981 arctic cat eltigr'e 6000

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Fresh Snow makes me Whiz
      • Ski Whiz Rescue Mission
    « Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 11:03:54 am »
    This is a true punch in the heart. My sadness for a friend I never had the privilege to shake hands with yet felt I had known all my life is impossible to relate. The world will truly never be the same.
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

― George Bernard Shaw

chris r

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 11:12:21 am »
    With PoleCat Jerry.

:)
    Find good people, treat them right, pay them well, and get outta the way.

JAGS

• SnoPro
    « Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:01 pm »
    Very sad news to hear. I met Zuk 10 plus years ago, and rite from the start you knew he was a good guy. Sorry to his family an loved ones. May you rest peace my friend.

If anyone hears of donation or charities to send a token to please let us know.

Thanks,

Matt Campo
    AKA Jags

Mario

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Dr Mario's, In Biz Since 1998
    « Reply #54 on: December 18, 2018, 01:45:31 pm »
    I donít tend to like posing for pictures, but this spring at St Germain, Zuk came by right before be were packing up, and Eileen wanted a picture. Iím very glad she did. The other gent in the pic is my 70 year old kid brother from Mass.
    Ignorant people find me irritating. Isn't that precious

It takes dedication, and commitment to make a difference..

Please don't expect me to take you seriously, if your tinfoil hat is leaning to the far left,,,,,

and mercury is not a good replacement for tinfoil,,,,

Have a nice day!

zrtrc

• SnoPro
    • Summer Sucks!
    « Reply #55 on: December 18, 2018, 08:57:16 pm »
    I met Phil years ago on the trail just south of Munising, MI. I couldn't pass up a chance to talk to a guy riding a vintage sled surrounded buy newer sleds. We have been friends ever since. As it turns out we had been going to the same vintage sled events for years previous. What a huge loss. I tried to post some pictures but they must be too big. I was really looking forward to some riding with him this winter. RIP Zuk.
    Two Tracks and the Engine in Back

Tom Priebe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #56 on: December 18, 2018, 09:27:04 pm »
    Well, I'll just say what everyone else is feeling.  This sucks. I only hope that his family is aware of just how much he affected those around him, and had a positive impact on people that never had the pleasure to meet him.  That is the true measure of lifetime. 
    Pay no attention to the man behind the green curtain!

TNTVintage

• SnoPro
    « Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 04:08:06 am »
    Rest easy my friend....a huge loss and a very sad day in the vintage world.

Ski of Plenty

• SnoPro
    • Caution: Has an opinion you may not like!
    « Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 05:02:37 am »
    Just like some others here, I never met him. I know he was a big Suzuki guy but he also was one of the few people I ever heard of that had a reliable Ski Whiz. I'd like to think he's in a place right now where the snow is perfect and the trails are always smooth. Godspeed Zuk!
    If you're angry, frustrated or crazy and feel you have to kill someone...start with yourself!

1994 Polaris Trail Deluxe
    1993 Polaris XCR 440
    1977 Scorpion Sting 440
    1975 Scorpion Whip 340
    1975 Rupp Nitro F/A 440

one shot

• SnoPro
    • Aint livin long like that
    « Reply #59 on: December 19, 2018, 05:37:53 am »
    I never met the man or knew his real name but enjoyed his stories and pictures of vintage rides. R.I.P. vintage sledder.