Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................  (Read 16011 times)

beverlynsteve

• Global Moderator
  • BS Hall Of Fame Member
  • Western CT
Re: THE PASSING OF PHIL BECKER,,FRIEND AND MODERATOR...........................
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 08:38:36 pm »
The world lost a great human being for sure.  What a wonderful man who was so much to so many.  I only know him from online from posts and numerous IM's.  I enjoyed talking to him and getting to know him through vintagesleds.com.  He is one of those folks I always wanted to meet up with if I was ever in that area but being from the East, never made it.

I am truly saddened by the news.  My sincere condolences to his family and closest friends. 

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Lakerider

• SnoPro
    • Michigan
    « Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 08:43:36 pm »
     Last picture I took of my good friend Zuk ,.. he was having a Great day.

70 MF

• SnoPro
    « Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »

One of my favorite pictures of Phil. He purchased a pair of Suzuki XR440s down by Detroit sight unseen(one sled was in near mint condition) Our friend Paul-PGN picked the sleds up for Phil and brought it as far north as my house. The hood on the mint sled had been damaged (hood impaled by a 2x4) just before the sled was picked up by Paul, so we took the hood off and we had it fixed and professionally repainted. I kept the sleds at my place until winter and got it running and bolted the new hood on, and delivered it to Phil when he came off the island for the Bogie Bash in Harrison. As far as he knew it was still damaged, until I had him open the trailer when I got to Harrison.... he was in total disbelief when he saw his sled for the first time.
    3-'80 440 Exciter
    '81 440 Exciter
    ‘70 Massey 500SST
    '71 Massey 400SST
    ‘86 Ski Doo Formula SP (Zuk’s sled)
    ‘03.5 Ski Doo Blair Morgan Edition 800
    ‘79 SRXciter 440 grass/ice sled

YOOPER

• SnoPro
    « Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »
    Sad news for sure,didn't know him or ever met him but always enjoyed his posts and pictures.
    Rest in peace Zuk

moose17n

• SnoPro
    • klotz in the morning........smells like... victory
    « Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 11:44:18 pm »
    we have definitely lost a beautiful soul. what a great bunch of friends he had in the vintage sled family, like PGN, 70MF LAKERIDER ETC. it's no doubt in my mind he is heading up a ride in heaven with our past brothers and sisters like jill nelson and crew. I feel blessed to have known them both. thank you god for sharing them for awhile with us. RIDE ON ZUK AND JILL, UNTIL WE RIDE AGAIN
    72 cheetah 500 f/c custom, 77 lynx 2000s x 2, 77 panther 5000 X2, 78 jag 500 f/a, 93 jag z 440, 95 JAG 440, 96 jag l/c 440, 00 PANTHER 550lc & 1 house cat

raiderfan

• SnoPro
    « Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 12:18:17 am »
    So sad to here of Phil’s passing. A true gentleman. We lost a great one for sure. :'(
    BEER VACATION IN A CAN !!

BEER proof that god love's us and want's us to be happy .. Ben Franklin.

WHY DO THEY MAKE IT TASTE SO GOOD!

fp1967

• SnoPro
    • U.P. of Mich
    « Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 12:35:10 am »
    So sad to hear this. RIP Zuk. I met him at St.Germain a few years ago and then visited with him at the Jackpine the following winter. Such a nice guy.

Rusted Nuts

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Near Green Bay Wi.
    « Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 12:39:31 am »
    Sad news for sure. We crossed paths several times, Only got to chat with him once, the other times he was engaged in deep conversations with several of his many friends.
    I will also miss his posts and pictures.
    Rest in peace Zuk.   
    Rusted Nuts Vintage Restorations
    '64-65-66-67 Ski Doo Olympique
    '69 Polaris Mustang
    '72 T'NT 440
    '73 T'NT Silver Bullet 340, 294
    '74 Panther VIP (2)
    '74 Johnson Phantom
    '76 El Tigre' 5000 
    '76 -'78 RV 250, 340
    '71-'72 Northway Explorer 340
    '73 Northway Interceptor 650

bigsherm

• SnoPro
    « Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 12:54:28 am »
    RIP Zuk  Met him several years go at St Germain after many emails and messages.
    This year he joined about 5 of us in the pool/ hot tub in Eagle River before St Germain.
    He said how good he felt after his health scare and looking forward to this season of sledding.
    Again RIP Zuk you will be missed.
    Sherm
    74 Eltigre 295       72 Panther 340
    74 Eltigre 400       73 Panther 340
    74 Eltigre 440       73 Puma  440
    73 Eltigre 250      
    67 Foxtrac   (Current project)

70 MF

• SnoPro
    « Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 01:00:44 am »
    I received a message from Phil’s daughter Rachel this evening...as of right now there will be no funeral services, but they are planning a memorial service for sometime in the summer of next year. She told me that when a date and location is finalized she would let me know so I can pass on the information to the vintage sites he was a part of. She also said she would give me leads on lodging in the area.
    3-'80 440 Exciter
    '81 440 Exciter
    ‘70 Massey 500SST
    '71 Massey 400SST
    ‘86 Ski Doo Formula SP (Zuk’s sled)
    ‘03.5 Ski Doo Blair Morgan Edition 800
    ‘79 SRXciter 440 grass/ice sled

opsled

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 01:04:51 am »
    Never met Zuk either but always read his stuff because it was good and I enjoyed it. I would put him on the same pedestal as Spike and Sulley when it comes to the gift being able to make me smile..

Rest his soul. He will also be missed by many who didn't know him.

opsled
    A conscience is a tool used to keep in control those who are prone to betraying their own principles.

I have no need for one.

Omertà is a code of honor that places importance on silence, non-cooperation with authorities, and non-interference in the illegal acts of others. "A criminal's code.

hotdoo

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Linwood- Mi
    « Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 01:24:26 am »
    Just a frigging sad day,I had trouble just moving after I read Art's post this morning. I always saw Phil at A-1, Jack Pine or Roger City. We were suppose to go to island this summer but we got busy. Chris is right ,Phil wore many hats besides being a Vintage snowmobile dude, always enjoyed his company and the stories he would tell. I did listen to his radio show on Sunday nights when I remembered,he always played the music I liked. I have picked up parts for him at Steven Cycle for his Suzuki,he even bought a whole tunnel they had hanging in warehouse a couple of years ago. I was glad I met Phil, very sorry to see him go, I and all other s who met him will remember him for ever. REST in PEACE Phil,till we met again. hotdoo/Dan H

GHenry

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • NY, the incubator for stupidity. Cuomo is guilty
    « Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 01:30:28 am »
    ... shi++y deal for sure.  Met Zuk quite a few times at St. Germain, and always in a good mood.  As was stated, never had a bad word about anyone.  Was always nice to chat with him, you walked away feeling better than you did before meeting him.

Ride on Zuk

RIP
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:34:56 am by GHenry »
    VINTAGE YAMAHA PERFORMANCE / PARTS AND RESTORATIONS - AVAILABLE THROUGH KOCHS PERFORMANCE, MIDDLE INLET WISCONSIN

(715) 854 - 2463

LEON AND PENNE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST ANYONE IN NEED

AWARD WINNING RESTORATIONS

VINTAGE YAMAHA PARTS, THE RIGHT PARTS AT THE RIGHT PRICE WITH KNOWLEDGEABLE SERVICE

Mario

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Dr Mario's, In Biz Since 1998
    « Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 01:32:14 am »
    I wanted to post this morning, but didn't have time before work. Wasn't going to try posting from the dumb phone. Was thinking all day about what I wanted to say. I'm not sure what else to say that hasn't already been said. The sport/hobby lost a wonderful man. You couldn't help but smile when you saw him coming at any show or swap you saw him at. Zuk our friend, we will meet again some day. Until then, we will all miss you dearly. I hope you enjoy sleddin in heaven!!
    Ignorant people find me irritating. Isn't that precious

It takes dedication, and commitment to make a difference..

Please don't expect me to take you seriously, if your tinfoil hat is leaning to the far left,,,,,

and mercury is not a good replacement for tinfoil,,,,

Have a nice day!

oldcadman

• SnoPro
    • west bend wi.
    « Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 01:37:35 am »
    i always looked foreword to seeing zuk at st.germain, he was as nice of a man as they come.

goodbye my friend.
    rick

1970 scorpion mark II sachs single
    1973 scorpion 400 rv
    1973 scorpion 290 ET
    2006 4 stroke panther
    1972 stinger II 400 r.v.
    1979 scorpion whip 440
    1971 stinger 400
    1970 stinger 400
    never been bitten by a mosquito while snowmobiling