Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building a replica Texas Products chassis, and a little more  (Read 5865 times)

Boaski

• SnoPro
    • My Photobucket page
Re: Building a replica Texas Products chassis, and a little more
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2023, 12:37:57 pm »
Nothing new has happened with the project since MWVSS. It's still sitting in the trailer.

Right now I have the bike on the motorcycle stand. As soon as I get the spring maintenance done I'll get the sled back on there and get back at it. One of the Boa Brothers loaned me an extra TP foot stirrup to copy, so that will be one of the next steps. I'll wait until warm weather to tie into the fiberglass work on the pan.
I'm not only dull myself, I'm the source of dullness in others.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

tr waters

• SnoPro
    « Reply #121 on: February 26, 2023, 04:37:18 pm »
    Top secret info. I made a buck out of two hardwood drawer fronts.  ;D   I flattened an old cross piece to get the shape and curve that I needed. I used 3003 .080 aluminum to form.  It wasnt until I started the project that I realized what the two small holes were for. (at least in my case.) I made the bending buck first, then made a backer piece with enough room to form the flange. Using 3003 I was able to do all the forming with a deadblow hammer.  The aluminum blank is bolted between the wood pieces and held in my vise. When done I bent the end flanges in my brake. Just noting that the second picture shows my old pattern between the wood, not a new piece being formed.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 04:51:14 pm by tr waters »

Boaski

• SnoPro
      • My Photobucket page
    « Reply #122 on: February 26, 2023, 11:44:50 pm »
    It looks like you've done some other customizing on the ARBE rear skid. Nice work.
    I'm not only dull myself, I'm the source of dullness in others.

tr waters

• SnoPro
    « Reply #123 on: February 27, 2023, 01:22:24 am »
    I bought this one from Ken Day.  It was basically just the two side halves.  I wasnt doing a resto, so I had some leeway.  This sled also has Texas Products short snow racing skis, with aluminum springs that I made.