Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Restoration Tips  (Read 72774 times)

turboindy

• SnoPro
  • Polaris Thunder Lives On !!!!
Re: Restoration Tips
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2016, 08:41:48 pm »
The first things I bought when I began collecting was a good compressor and a blast cabinet.  Although they can be pricey I have had both for going on 30 years and they are still going strong so the cost can be spread over many years.  Small cabinets can be bought in the $100 - $200 range.  A variety of media from sand to bead to soda to walnut shells can give most any finish you want.  Harbor Freight shows some smaller cabinets that are fairly inexpensive.  Most of the major suppliers have units on Ebay.

The simplest and least costly is the siphon gun in a pot of sand or the pressure pot blasters.  One of these and an outdoor space where the sand can fly will get many jobs done.

A friend went so far as to build his own cabinet out of plywood and utilizing a non pressure blast gun (siphoning).  Works well too.

Another must have is the previously mentioned wire wheel.

Turboindy
Turboindy

Make America Great Again !!

Go Donnie Go

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

turboindy

• SnoPro
    • Polaris Thunder Lives On !!!!
    Re: Restoration Tips
    « Reply #76 on: July 12, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »
    A friend of mine worked on sleds for many years and always had an adjustable height, air powered scissor lift table that worked for all bikes, sleds and four wheelers very well.  A little pricey at $600 but well worth it for more than 30 years of use.

Turbo
    Turboindy

Make America Great Again !!

Go Donnie Go