Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rest In Peace "Squeeze Ball" Paul  (Read 28167 times)

Nutter

• SnoPro
Re: Rest In Peace "Squeeze Ball" Paul
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 12:00:26 am »
Thanks for posting this here Don.

Paul was a great guy and I will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with Ben the rest of his family.
PETT 12

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

oldsled

• SnoPro
    • Let's Ride.
    « Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:09 am »
    I am sad to hear the news about Paul from his oldest son Grady.  My thoughts and prayers to out to his family especially his son Ben.  Usually if you saw Paul, Ben wasn't far behind.

I first met Paul back in the late 90's when I was just getting into the hobby and we have been friends ever since.  He could fix anything even without an arsenal of tools.  He didn't need a torque wrench.  It was his right hand.  Paul was a people person.  He liked to kid and tease a lot.  So much in fact that it got him in trouble sometimes.  I never took any of his antics personally because I knew him.  He was just Paul.  I also knew that if I ever needed anything.  He would be there in a pinch.  No questions asked.

One time he was at my shop and my wife commented that he had lost a lot of weight.  Without hesitation, he said, "well when you look down in the shower and can't see  your p-nis, its time to lose some weight".  Just Paul, being Paul. 

He was pretty darn smart too. Self taught mechanic.  Computer wiz.   I believe he won a national contest as a kid for reciting from the Bible.  And he was a hell of a heavyweight wrestler.  They say when the match started, Paul didn't sit and grapple the other guy, he would just charge like a wild bear and take the guy by surprise.  But all in all he was just a good guy who really loved hangin out with people and making friends.

Paul may God rest your soul forever in paradise.

The trademark Hat. 

Helping my son at ROLA
    I rode up to him and said it isn't running right.  He reached down without thinking and tightened a bolt on the carb and bam it was fixed.

Going sled hunting:

His sidekick Ben:

Heading out the find a donor sled for the 1st Make A Wish sled:

Always had to make it fun:

test driving my Scorpion

Ben and his famous Sno-King

The Charity build;

Snow Cruiser Man

• SnoPro
    « Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 03:02:42 am »
    Most of you all said it I think it was around 2008 when I first met CP he said hello every time  I met him since my what a memory he had. He was helpful as well. Sorry for your lose Ben and the rest of Shearer family. Russell and Murray Calder.

GHenry

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • NY, the incubator for stupidity. Cuomo is guilty
    « Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 03:25:26 am »
    RIP CP
    VINTAGE YAMAHA PERFORMANCE / PARTS AND RESTORATIONS - AVAILABLE THROUGH KOCHS PERFORMANCE, MIDDLE INLET WISCONSIN

(715) 854 - 2463

LEON AND PENNE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST ANYONE IN NEED

AWARD WINNING RESTORATIONS

VINTAGE YAMAHA PARTS, THE RIGHT PARTS AT THE RIGHT PRICE WITH KNOWLEDGEABLE SERVICE

cheater67x

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • That's the only way I know
    « Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 03:41:36 am »
    I  could not  remember if he hated me or liked me,i had to look back in old pm message and cool,he  did not hate me.
    What a sad deal.sorry to hear about this and wish him  peace.
    Cheater
    people want you to be honest until you tell them how much they suck

650 STARFIRE

• SnoPro
    « Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 03:51:04 am »
    I met Paul at Waconia ,the year Polaris was the featured sled, And I remembered him saying something about you people from New York must be some kind of blankity blanks for coming all the way out here for a darn old snowmobile show , Laughed our asses off , and then there was the duct tape crap patch, He was a funny guy, R I P Paul.
    1972 ATX 500
    1972 650 TX Starfire
    1980 340 TXL Polaris
    1969 SS396 Chevelle

Jekyll

• Global Moderator
    • SnoPro
    • Coloma MI (soutwest corner of lower MI)
    Paul (Cruel Paul) Shearer
    « Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 04:00:52 am »

Paul Shearer, 46, of Forman, ND, passed away in his home on December 20, 2015.

Paul Charles was born on May 22, 1969 at Aberdeen, South Dakota to Dale and Shirley (Hill) Shearer. He grew up and attended school in Oakes. After graduating from Oakes High School, Paul worked in a variety of different jobs throughout his life.

He married Nikki Zetocha and together they had a son, Grady. He later married Treena Ringdahl and they had three children, Bethany, Ben and Josh.

Paul was well liked and will be remembered for his great sense of humor. He loved antique snowmobiles and he was a “Steelers” fan.

He is survived by his children, Grady, Bethany, Ben and Josh; his father, Dale Shearer of Oakes; mother, Shirley Lee of Maple Grove, MN; two brothers, Dean (Linda) and James (Kelly) all of Fargo; and several nieces and nephews.

A time to greet the family will be held on Wednesday evening, December 23, 2015 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. followed by a memorial service starting at 7:00 p.m. at Dahlstrom Funeral Home, Oakes.

BASHING a Moderator is NOT a victimless crime!

Founding Member of ETJ
    (Enduro Team Jekyll)

Jekyll

• Global Moderator
    • SnoPro
    • Coloma MI (soutwest corner of lower MI)
    « Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 04:27:54 am »

I met Paul in Waconia back in 2008 then got to see him again at the first 2 Live on Skis events.  I found him to always be very social and cordial.  Seemed like he was always working on his sled or helping with someone else's machine.

Things sometimes happen in life and people go their separate ways.  With time, the differences invariably fade to distant memories but sadly at times the unfortunate distance remains. 

While Paul was no longer a member of this site, it is my sincere hope that his family and friends are lifted up during this time of great sadness and grief by the thoughts and prayers of the ENTIRE vintage snowmobile community.

Myself, I will always remember Paul in a Carhart jacket with the signature hat.

Rest in peace Paul "Cruel Paul" Shearer...........God Speed!

BASHING a Moderator is NOT a victimless crime!

Founding Member of ETJ
    (Enduro Team Jekyll)

rustysleds

• SnoPro
    • I think I can save her
    « Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:49 am »
    Rest in peace Paul
    always enjoyed hanging out with you
    Such a great guy and funny man I will always miss that. 

tripleart

• Global Moderator
    • SnoPro
    • PETT MEMBER #87
    « Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 11:27:38 am »
    sorry to hear,,  way to young,he will be missed by many,RIP Paul,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

71TXman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 03:40:26 pm »
    Oldsled, many of those pictures took me back, and I remember seeing those pictures when they were first posted of him & Ben on the hunt. That old truck he always drove, I just loved that truck...it sure was cool to see him hauling old sleds in it, and with it. He drove it to LOS one year, sure was cool to see him pull up in that.

That same truck, I forget who helped him restore it, but he sure was proud of it. One time at the Douglas grass drags, him & many others were down here for that event, bonfires, grilling, BS'ing and 9 times out of 10 Paul had us laughing our asse$$ off so bad we were about crying!! Then came the night and a couple people offered him a place to sleep, and I also told him "you can sleep in the passenger side of my truck & recline back if you want to Paul" he said "oh heck no, I am going to tent it out in the back of the truck tonight"...and I said ok. Well that next morning Paul was about frozen in the back of his truck...it got really friggen cold that night!!!

I also forget who it was, but had him in their vehicle with the heater on high & he was just shivering....of course later that day after he thawed out he was making fun of himself for it, and once again we were all laughing.

You are right oldsled, sometimes him being himself did get himself in trouble, but at the same time if he could brighten someone's day by making fun of himself, he would do it.

I will never forget one of the phone calls he made to me. He called up and we BS'ed a while, and then he said "the main reason I am calling is because I would love to come to your garage get together, would that be ok if I were to join you guys" and I said right back at him "Paul, my home and garage is always open to anyone, and everyone at any time of the day, you are more the welcome to come here anytime you want".

Here are a few more pictures...this was, by far the BEST LOS ever in 2008!

71TXman

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 03:41:37 pm »
    Here are a couple more pictures...Rest In Peace Paul  :'(

Mario

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Dr Mario's, In Biz Since 1998
    Re: Paul (Cruel Paul) Shearer
    « Reply #42 on: December 22, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »
    Thank you Roger! Paul was a one of a kind. He will be missed.
    Ignorant people find me irritating. Isn't that precious

It takes dedication, and commitment to make a difference..

Please don't expect me to take you seriously, if your tinfoil hat is leaning to the far left,,,,,

and mercury is not a good replacement for tinfoil,,,,

Have a nice day!

Valdi

• Modified
    « Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 06:37:24 pm »
    Ben & Shearer Family:

CP was one of the reasons that we attend old snowmobile shows.  We can all fondly remember laughing and joking around with CP.  It was always a fun time.

I will always remember he and Ben together--- a true bond of mutual friendship, respect and admiration.

We members of the Antique Club mourn your loss.

Call on us without hesitation...

Valdi Stefanson

EricR

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Official Tillotson ambassador to the south!
      • Jethros Garage
    « Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 06:46:48 pm »
    Paul went way out of his way to get me to come to Braap in Wisconsin in 2012 after I had basically given up on any thought of a MN trip from the deep south where I live due to the lack of snow in MN that year.

He got 69MOD (Chad) whom I had never met to pick me up at the MPLS air port, and put me up for the night. Chad and I had never met, but it ended up that we had a lot in common and have kept in touch to this day.

The next day CP rolled up in his rig en route to Braap and I got a ride with him. Chad and his brother in law Johnny "Homelite" rolled along in Chad's rig.  I got CP to get along side them and I mooned my host....good sophomoric fun that set the tone for the weekend!

He and I would call or text insults occasionally, I just hope when his loved ones go through his phone and find that pic of me shirtless on a stripper pole they understand it was all in jest!

Rock on, oh King of Crap! You will be missed.

Sincerely- "Jethro"
    I scatter them from the midwest to south of the Mason Dixon