Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vintage Races in Michigan  (Read 233775 times)

LUMPY

• SnoPro
  • May we always have vintage sleds and great friends
Re: Vintage Races in Michigan
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »
Rumor has it , Marion may allow the single fan outlaw class next year, this would be great!
This group can post some very fast lap times , not your Elan ice fishing sleds. If they jumped classes they would put the 440 FA class on the trailer. I real site to see a single run 75 MPH on the long track , my vote is let them run! Safe sleds, most are pro drivers the fans will love it!
Judging by ebay
everything  I
have is very rare

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

• SnoPro
    « Reply #676 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:00 pm »
    The singles that ran at BEVRA at the last race of the year were awesome!

Rick1st

• SnoPro
    • Skidway Lake, Mi.
    « Reply #677 on: March 15, 2016, 12:07:31 am »
    Rumor has it , Marion may allow the single fan outlaw class next year, this would be great!
    This group can post some very fast lap times , not your Elan ice fishing sleds. If they jumped classes they would put the 440 FA class on the trailer. I real site to see a single run 75 MPH on the long track , my vote is let them run! Safe sleds, most are pro drivers the fans will love it!

I'll run'em if the track isn't slush like it was this year!
    Wizard Racing
    Where the magic begins!

Ice is for racing on, asphalt is for getting there!

1973 Arctic Cat 440 El Tigre vintage racer
    1975 440 El Tigre Z
    1977 Arctic Cat 440 Z clone / Hellcat
    2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 CCE Improved

Rick1st

• SnoPro
    • Skidway Lake, Mi.
    « Reply #678 on: March 15, 2016, 12:11:56 am »
    The singles that ran at BEVRA at the last race of the year were awesome!

I was kinda partial to the 440 super mods.
    Wizard Racing
    Where the magic begins!

1975 440 El Tigre Z

Fortytwo

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #679 on: March 15, 2016, 12:21:49 am »

The singles where impressive and fun to watch but I wouldn't be putting them up against 440's for Money , being a Super Stock 300 sled won the Builders 317 class. But they are loud and fast and fun to watch.

JESS77CCCAT

• SnoPro
    « Reply #680 on: March 15, 2016, 04:17:41 am »
    I wonder why free air singles cant run also ??
    77 cross country ,cat 05 f7 retro, 96 440 zr, 86 el tigre SOO 500 racer,, 880 kaw free air 4cyl drag racer ,73 cheetah origial ,74 lynx custom

Rosko018

• SnoPro
    • Lift for a second, and that's where you'll finish
    « Reply #681 on: March 15, 2016, 06:09:11 am »

Funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. Fan single outlaw putting 440 supermods on the trailer?

If your 440 is getting beat by one. It should be on the trailer because it clearly isn't fast. Too funny
    2013, 2016 eagle river 300fa class champion
    2016 Alex winter spectacular 300fa class champion
    2016 eagle river supermod 340lq class champion
    2017 eagle river supermod and promod 300 class champion

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #682 on: March 15, 2016, 07:23:47 am »

Funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. Fan single outlaw putting 440 supermods on the trailer?

If your 440 is getting beat by one. It should be on the trailer because it clearly isn't fast. Too funny
    The only 440 classes they have at marion are trail stock. No mods allowed there.

Yamaha059

• Modified
    « Reply #683 on: March 15, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »
    Marion still has 74 vintage pro!! I highly doubt they will add that outlaw class though! Reason they got rid of the fast classes was because they were too fast on the half mile and insurance was too high.

Rick1st

• SnoPro
    • Skidway Lake, Mi.
    « Reply #684 on: March 16, 2016, 10:07:05 am »
    Marion still has 74 vintage pro!! I highly doubt they will add that outlaw class though! Reason they got rid of the fast classes was because they were too fast on the half mile and insurance was too high.

Too fast? Is that possible?  Hmmmmmmm................
    Wizard Racing
    Where the magic begins!

1975 440 El Tigre Z

moose17n

• SnoPro
    • klotz in the morning........smells like... victory
    « Reply #685 on: March 16, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »
    lump' are u talking about the tc 250 type single racers?
    72 cheetah 500 f/c custom, 77 lynx 2000s x 2, 77 panther 5000 X2, 78 jag 500 f/a, 93 jag z 440, 95 JAG 440, 96 jag l/c 440, 00 PANTHER 550lc & 1 house cat

LUMPY

• SnoPro
    • May we always have vintage sleds and great friends
    « Reply #686 on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:32 pm »
    Yes moose I am, sorry to hurt all of the 440 fa riders tender feelings , I really am talking only of the sleds that come and run Marion. We have put stop clocks and others have used radar guns , they are not quick . I know also they are held to so many stock rules , don't think of changing your hood vents!
    GLASS ( A great group thinking out side the box)had a race on the Soo 500 track this year, Thursday night before the main event, Mr Kelly on a 292 powered sled ran 79 MPH. If  not for so many yellow flags he would have been over two laps ahead of the entire group. 59 second lap times , look at what the Saturday big event lap times are , the little thumpers are moving.
    Yes I know you can take a 440 - cat-yamy- Rupp- Polaris- etc. put the same time in to it and leave the singles in the snow dust. My main point is this, the one lunger mod class is fast, it is very cool to watch because it's not a bunch of stock sleds going around the track. They can run with the stock 440 sleds so speed would be the same.
    I don't want to see Michigan racing die , think outside of the box, make more classes , get more junior classes , and go fast- look good- turn left!
    Judging by ebay
    everything  I
    have is very rare

Fortytwo

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #687 on: March 18, 2016, 01:03:07 am »
    Yes moose I am, sorry to hurt all of the 440 fa riders tender feelings , I really am talking only of the sleds that come and run Marion. We have put stop clocks and others have used radar guns , they are not quick . I know also they are held to so many stock rules , don't think of changing your hood vents!
    GLASS ( A great group thinking out side the box)had a race on the Soo 500 track this year, Thursday night before the main event, Mr Kelly on a 292 powered sled ran 79 MPH. If  not for so many yellow flags he would have been over two laps ahead of the entire group. 59 second lap times , look at what the Saturday big event lap times are , the little thumpers are moving.
    Yes I know you can take a 440 - cat-yamy- Rupp- Polaris- etc. put the same time in to it and leave the singles in the snow dust. My main point is this, the one lunger mod class is fast, it is very cool to watch because it's not a bunch of stock sleds going around the track. They can run with the stock 440 sleds so speed would be the same.
    I don't want to see Michigan racing die , think outside of the box, make more classes , get more junior classes , and go fast- look good- turn left!

They are pretty fun to watch and might be a good show at Marion , and no feelings hurt here we know how they run against stock 440 fans at Bevra lol defiantly not putting them back on the trailer. But you guys have some nice sleds and hope to see you around the southern tracks a little more next year.

Hazard Racing

• SnoPro
    « Reply #688 on: March 18, 2016, 01:22:00 am »
    Jesscat

Fan & FA & Liquid singles or twin are allowed in all of the BEVRA 300cc mod classes.

Fortytwo

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #689 on: March 18, 2016, 02:23:05 am »
    At the last race of the year at Bevra there was a bunch of the single outlaws and a hand full of other sleds running in the 300 mod classes and it was awesome seeing 12+ sleds in a mod class. Hope to see more of those sleds at Bevra next year, it makes for an entertaining race to watch. Good Close racing .