Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vintage Races in Michigan  (Read 233793 times)

Rick1st

• SnoPro
  • Skidway Lake, Mi.
Re: Vintage Races in Michigan
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2016, 02:51:28 pm »
Thanks 320 , Rick we had a pretty decent day had a few issues with sleds but we will have that corrected for next weekend. Took 1st in Superstock 440 free air but was one of the best and hardest races I ran on that sled made the pass for the win in the last 25 yrds. Took second in 440 super mod ......behind Pretzle so that's almost like first for me lol. Good time had by all and good group of guys to race with we will be back there next weekend hopefully with some better racing weather.

Well thats good to hear Ryan. Our mod sled has been bitten by an electrical gremlin. It was missing a little at Gladwin. Thought it was the teather, put in a new one. Did some testing yesterday and now it's missing more now. Thinking we have stator issues. Hope to have it ready for Gladwin the 13th.
Wizard Racing
Where the magic begins!

Ice is for racing on, asphalt is for getting there!

1973 Arctic Cat 440 El Tigre vintage racer
1975 440 El Tigre Z
1977 Arctic Cat 440 Z clone / Hellcat
2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 CCE Improved

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

house77

• SnoPro
    « Reply #406 on: February 01, 2016, 12:24:08 am »
    Had a great time yesterday!  Didn't do worth a squat on the track but, didn't expect to either!  Met some great people, got some great tips for set-up, got some seat time and most importantly I didn't wreck 😉! 

This is a pic from yesterday!  The guy on the high chair with the Hamms Premium hat on is me and the other fellow is my friend George!
    If you're going to be stupid?  You had better be tough!

Rick1st

• SnoPro
    • Skidway Lake, Mi.
    « Reply #407 on: February 01, 2016, 02:56:01 am »
    Had a great time yesterday!  Didn't do worth a squat on the track but, didn't expect to either!  Met some great people, got some great tips for set-up, got some seat time and most importantly I didn't wreck 😉! 

This is a pic from yesterday!  The guy on the high chair with the Hamms Premium hat on is me and the other fellow is my friend George!

You got friends? Hmmmmm..........
    Wizard Racing
    Where the magic begins!

1975 440 El Tigre Z

house77

• SnoPro
    « Reply #408 on: February 01, 2016, 11:19:20 am »

I know right?  Baffles me too lol!

Rick1st

• SnoPro
    • Skidway Lake, Mi.
    « Reply #409 on: February 01, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

I know right?  Baffles me too lol!

Weird!
    Wizard Racing
    Where the magic begins!

1975 440 El Tigre Z

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #410 on: February 01, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »
    I gotta get me some of those.

BC

• Modified
    « Reply #411 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »
    Was Definately a great time at Bevra this weekend. Thought the track held up real well for how warm it was. Was extremely loose but was loose for almost everyone. Definately enjoyed the seat time. looking forward to the next race. COME on COLD WEATHER!!

house77

• SnoPro
    « Reply #412 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:55 pm »

It was a pleasure to meet you Ryan!  You ever need any help in the pits and I'm there?  Don't hesitate to ask!

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #413 on: February 01, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »

It was a pleasure to meet you Ryan!  You ever need any help in the pits and I'm there?  Don't hesitate to ask!
    Nice meeting you as well. Thanks for the offer. Usually my dad is with me but hes on the east coast for work.

slip

• SnoPro
    • Adversity is the seed to success
    « Reply #414 on: February 01, 2016, 06:38:17 pm »
    Yeah, nice talking to ya Ryan.  We were the Single Cyl. guys parked next to ya. Oh, and thanks for all the patience with us crowding ya.

Smitty
    Adversity is the seed to success

house77

• SnoPro
    « Reply #415 on: February 01, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »
    Also, I'd like to mention that I met one of the coolest older gentlemen that I've ever met!  His name was Francis and if I could remember his last name I probably couldn't pronounce it because it was long and complex lol!  All I know is he went out there and gave a seminar on his GPX ;)!  After the race he came in and asked how he looked lol.  We told him he looked good and then he asked how close the 2nd place sled was and I told him coming out of turn 2 on the first lap he had 5-6 sled lengths on 2nd lmao!  He didn't believe me at first and then his helper told him the same.  Good stuff :)

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #416 on: February 01, 2016, 06:58:25 pm »
    Yeah, nice talking to ya Ryan.  We were the Single Cyl. guys parked next to ya. Oh, and thanks for all the patience with us crowding ya.

Smitty
    No problem. Alof of people there this weekend and i got there a little later than i wanted so i may have been crowding you guys. One your girls asked me about my safe jac. I got it off ebay SIXSIXONE makes. I think they call it a snowcross vest

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #417 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
    Also, I'd like to mention that I met one of the coolest older gentlemen that I've ever met!  His name was Francis and if I could remember his last name I probably couldn't pronounce it because it was long and complex lol!  All I know is he went out there and gave a seminar on his GPX ;)!  After the race he came in and asked how he looked lol.  We told him he looked good and then he asked how close the 2nd place sled was and I told him coming out of turn 2 on the first lap he had 5-6 sled lengths on 2nd lmao!  He didn't believe me at first and then his helper told him the same.  Good stuff :)
    Francis Higgenbotham. He won Eagle River this year in the super senior class. I watched him unload his sled from the back of a suburban yesterday lol. Could learn alot from that guy. I love picking the brains of the older guys. I got a few around me i speak to almost daily for advive and ideas.

Fortytwo

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #418 on: February 01, 2016, 10:44:13 pm »
    https://plus.google.com/117210546086351306917/posts/69TWiRL9hCx 

Just trying to see if this works lol if it does its just a few pics I pulled from Brian Caswell Facebook Album of the Bevra race. Mostly guys running with us but Ryan you might be in there.....hope it works. Brian took some awesome pics on Sat thanks they all turned out great.
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:06:53 pm by Fortytwo »

Ryan66

• SnoPro
    « Reply #419 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:00 pm »
    https://plus.google.com/117210546086351306917/posts/69TWiRL9hCx 

Just trying to see if this works lol if it does its just a few pics I pulled from Brian Caswell Facebook Album of the Bevra race. Mostly guys running with us but Ryan you might be in there.....hope it works. Brian took some awesome pics on Sat thanks they all turned out great.
    Ya he posts them on his facebook page and usually a link on the bevra forum page. My avatar is one of his pics