Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: leak down pressure test kits  (Read 12310 times)

ilikesleds

• SnoPro
  • I really Like Sleds
Re: leak down pressure test kits
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 11:21:57 am »
I need to weigh in on Adam's test kit.  Got mine in the mail the other day, not knowing what to expect.  Opened the package and was instantly looking for an engine to pressure test.   :o  Decided not to take anything apart, at least not right now, I have an 81 Tigger 6000 apart on the bench.  The pieces look great and look as if they will fit on any one of my Ardee Kats.   Love the dual size Intake plugs.  I have a fury engine in a box that I bought a few years ago, spoda be a runner, time permitting, I am going to try the kit on it this weekend, and will post pictures.  Thinking right now, about how i can use the air suspension pump I got from Progressive Suspension with it, has a built-in gauge and check valve.  Will post pix, if/when I get it setup.  Thanks for the excellent pieces Adam. 

For those of you on the fence, and still using homemade stuff (my last set used lids from Heinz Chili sauce bottles), these are NICE Pieces.  Well worth the cost.
United States Air Force Retired

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 09:24:37 pm »
    Thank you for the great review Todd.
     In addition at least one customer has requested carb boot leak plugs for 30-34mm size mikuni carbs.  I will not be making these as dedicated pieces but i can and have turned down an extra set of plugs to fit the smaller boots.  So you could fit all 3 size ranges of mikuni carb boots..  just another option should you need them.  Weather is getting cold, dont get caught with a leaky motor, ride time is precious.
    AH Engineering   two stroke engineering solutions, welding, cnc machining,  fabrication, 3D cad design. digital programmable ignitions. custom aluminum sleeves.

ilikesleds

• SnoPro
    • I really Like Sleds
    « Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:37 am »
    Another successful test with the kit.  Held pressure for over 30 minutes. 
    United States Air Force Retired