Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: leak down pressure test kits  (Read 12408 times)

AHood

• Global Moderator
  • BS Hall Of Fame Member
Re: leak down pressure test kits
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 03:47:34 am »
I guess ill have to get on this project..
AH Engineering   two stroke engineering solutions, welding, cnc machining,  fabrication, 3D cad design. digital programmable ignitions. custom aluminum sleeves.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

ilikesleds

• SnoPro
    • I really Like Sleds
    « Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 11:51:13 am »
    I'll take one! 
    United States Air Force Retired

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 09:26:23 pm »
    What kind of exhaust blocking plates do people need?
    Ive gone ahead with the intake boot plugs.  Ill measure all the exhaust stud patterns on motors i have, but i dont have everything.  Try to make them work for multiple engines.  Dimensions from interested parties would help.
    AH Engineering   two stroke engineering solutions, welding, cnc machining,  fabrication, 3D cad design. digital programmable ignitions. custom aluminum sleeves.

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 10:27:48 pm »
    Heres a few pictures. Picked up the first of the carb boot test plugs.  They fit mikuni carb boots for 36-38 and 40-44 series carbs.  These will be tapped and fitted with air fittings on both ends.  Another run of plugs will not have a hole through them so you can block half of a twin if you like while testing the other half.

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
    Here is a design for the exhaust blocking plate for pressure testing.  It has slotted mount holes with 70-80mm hole centers for 8mm bolts. Will come with a pressure gasket. Since no one responded. I wont be doing any other variations for different exhaust stud patterns. 

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 03:05:17 pm »
    With boots.

sledcrazyinCT

• SnoPro
    « Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 01:34:50 pm »
    excellent!

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »
    The test plugs are finished. Here's a couple. The solid version as well.  A twin kit will have one solid plug and one pressure fitting plug.  Working on exhaust blocking plates next.

67Oly

• SnoPro
    « Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 01:37:39 am »
    Looking on my small phone. Are those of rings?

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 02:47:51 am »
    Looking on my small phone. Are those of rings?

O-rings?   No they are grooves. They seat on the  rasied lip inside the mikuni carb boot.

ilikesleds

• SnoPro
    • I really Like Sleds
    « Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 12:18:54 pm »
    Sorry for not keeping up.  Forgot to hit notify. Are you past exhaust measurements?  I will still take a complete kit.
    United States Air Force Retired

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 12:42:54 pm »
    Sorry for not keeping up.  Forgot to hit notify. Are you past exhaust measurements?  I will still take a complete kit.
    Yes no one replied so im only doing a standard 2 bolt exhaust plate with hole centers slotted from 70-80mm c-c that should cover most appls. If it doesnt and people have 4 bolt exhaust or others they are sol.

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 01:32:29 am »
    Here are the finished leak pressure test parts.   A delrin(fancy plastic) mikuni carb boot plug. Either tapped for 1/4 npt or solid.  The exhaust block off plates and an exhaust block off gasket.  The delrin plugs fit 38mm style and 40-44mm style mikuni carb boots.   The threaded plug you hook up a low pressure regulator or hand pump to pressurize the engine to 5-10 lbs. Any higher is not recommended and may blow out your seals.  The kit is sold in single, twin, or triple configurations with your choice of solid or tapped plugs.

sledcrazyinCT

• SnoPro
    « Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 02:13:46 pm »
    Haven't logged in for months.  Is there a link to pics and prices?

AHood

• Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »
    You should be able to see the pics just above..?