Haven't posted in a while but am hitting them pretty hard again.
Two skids ready to bolt in. Two triple gas tanks all fabbed up and sealed. Ready for bodywork and paint.
Kinda a lot to look at here if you like 73 Starfire stuff......took me a long time to get all these parts.
Steel and aluminum West Coast Vintage Sleds skis. Correct 73 Starfire carbides all restored and mocked onto the skis.
New Dr Mario track on the bottom, note the NOS talonic cleats that I got from a friend of mine. Restored original track on the top. Took two original 73 Starfire tracks to make it, but it turned out nice. Crap load of work though! Best cleats from both tracks removed, restored and new rivets. Note the correct guide cleats on this one. An absolutely correct track will have regular, guide and talonic cleats.....but the guides and talonics are not available. New track goes on 650, restored track onto the 440.
Hinges, are simply not available, anywhere it seems. So I took the hogged out, screwed up, smashed mashed hinges that I had and fixed them....and they turned out great. Tig'ed the hogged out pushpin holes and repaired the ground off corners and whatever else they needed and kept at it until they were nice. Before pair, and after pair. The repaired pair were even worse than the just Tig'ed ones shown.
Drill the "B" half first in the drill press. Final hole size 3/16.
Screwed them down to a 2x4 and used the B as a guide to drill the "A" half.
Restored/repaired, drilled and ready to go.
Had zero nice ones....now I got enough for 3 hoods. New pushpins from McMaster-Carr. I need to shorten the tethers a bit to be correct.
440 pipes and flanges. What I have so far. These have proven to be pretty hard to find.