Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: classified  (Read 516 times)

mr bolens

• SnoPro
classified
« on: April 19, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Will some one tell me why the post was taken down that I put up???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Lakerider

• SnoPro
    • Michigan
    Re: classified
    « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
     What was it a AD for ?  .... was there a Price ?

mr bolens

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:33 PM »
    I asked a question on the 3 ads limit in 24 hr an it was taken down 

Blue Max

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
      I tried posting 2 ads for separate but related items. The engine ad posted immediately. The sled project ad, which was separate, was held up to be reviewed. Unfortunately, it didn't work out well for my plan to offer a package deal. The ads referred to each other.  There were prices and these were the first ads I had posted in a couple of years. When the sled project ad posted the next day, the pictures were gone. Three pictures for each ad was the reason for separate ads. I deleted the pictureless ad and tried to repost the same ad with the pictures and it was held up again. That ad never posted. VERY frustrating, to say the least. I have had the engine sold 4 or 5 times, but hopefully finally got a buyer for the "package" who will also pick it up. The only reason is the engine in the ad I was able to post was sitting in the race sled in one of the pictures.

I kind miss the old days on here with Larry and Doc Jim.

-Les

Edge882

• SnoPro
    • The best way to predict the future is to create it
      • Classic Snowmobile Sales & Service
    « Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
    I've had great luck buying & selling stuff on the various facebook pages.  You're targeting an even more specific group, because there are Polaris pages, Cat pages, Polaris TX pages, Merc, Rupp, Scorpion..........you name it.  PLUS you can actually see the persons profile and have at least a minimal idea of whether he's serious or not....

2000 Yamaha SRX 700
    1980 Arctic Cat El Tigre 500 Pro Stocker
    1976 Rupp Magnum 440
    1976 Arctic Cat Z 440 Super Mod
    1974 Ski Doo TnT SM300
    Is it fast?  Yeah....I'll ride it.
    www.classicsnowmobilesales.com

Rupp luver

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
    READ THE RULES before posting!!! If you follow them,you should have NO problems. You post 3 or more ads in 24 hours,they get deleted.Just remember,EVERY time you overpost,you are pushing ads off that shouldn't be gone,please respect your fellow members. I gave up posting in the classifieds because of all the inconsiderate members on this forum.
    "I BUILD fun sleds",NOT show sleds"!!
    PETT#77
    1970 Rupp Magnum 440WT[Tilly & Sachs engine]
    1970 Rupp [Hirth 399].[hood left]
    1971 Sprint44[Yamaha "396" twin][Tilly]
    1971 Rupp 440WT[electric start][Tilly]
    1970 Rupp Sprint 50[building it now]

mr bolens

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
    Show me were it says that in the rules on 3 posts

oldsledz

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Mid Michigan
      • Cliff's old sleds
    « Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
    READ THE RULES before posting!!! If you follow them,you should have NO problems. You post 3 or more ads in 24 hours,they get deleted.Just remember,EVERY time you overpost,you are pushing ads off that shouldn't be gone,please respect your fellow members. I gave up posting in the classifieds because of all the inconsiderate members on this forum.

I think he asked when the 3 ads per day started, this is the first I have head about it also.      If it is new how is anyone going to know about it?     No one is going to read the rules each time they post.

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Fresh Snow makes me Whiz
      • Ski Whiz Rescue Mission
    « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »
    The rules are here:

http://www.vintagesleds.com/classifieds/classified_rules.php

The paragraph says:

Do not start an ad for every single item. If you have 3 items, put them in one ad. Don't be a space hog. Do not re-post your ad more than once a day. There is limited space available and every ad you post removes someone else's ad. We also ask that you do not use a second ad to add more than the allowed three photos for that single item. Having a couple of different ads running at the same time is allowed but please space them out and give everyone a chance to have their ads seen.

The number of ads is limited to three although this does not specify the exact number.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy vintage snowmobiles.

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
    I asked a question on the 3 ads limit in 24 hr an it was taken down

We take those kinds of posts down because discussions belong in the forum, not in the classifieds. Takes up too much space when the ad space is filled with back and forth questions and answers.

We also take down comments posted about other ads. It has been that way since the site was sold and the new rules were implemented.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:52:43 PM by JLOpower »

mr bolens

• SnoPro
    « Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
    It still does not say in 24 hours Plus who is the dum ass on the classifieds who thinks he is Trump an has all the answers can't even put his mane on

tripleart

• Global Moderator
    • SnoPro
    • PETT MEMBER #87
    « Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
    It still does not say in 24 hours Plus who is the dum ass on the classifieds who thinks he is Trump an has all the answers can't even put his mane on
    thats me MR BOLENS............... It now does say 3 adds in 24 hr period,,,,,to many guys putiing multiple adds ,,,pushing the little guy off,,these are people that that part out dozens of sleds,or sell alot of parts and do single adds,,,   tripleart,,,,,,site moderator

mr bolens

• SnoPro
    « Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
    Thank you

Blue Max

• SnoPro
    « Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 02:05:28 AM »
    The rules are here:

http://www.vintagesleds.com/classifieds/classified_rules.php

The paragraph says:

Do not start an ad for every single item. If you have 3 items, put them in one ad. Don't be a space hog. Do not re-post your ad more than once a day. There is limited space available and every ad you post removes someone else's ad. We also ask that you do not use a second ad to add more than the allowed three photos for that single item.

The stuff I was selling would fill a 2 place trailer. There were 2 SEPERATE items for sale that one common buyer MIGHT have wanted. I thought that listing them in 2 ads and only taking up 6 pictures was condensing the ad space pretty good already. I can always e-mail more pictures, but wouldn't it be nice to give potential buyers an idea of what was in a large and expensive lot of stuff? Again, it was just frustrating because I very rarely sell stuff and the system really messed it up for me.

JLOpower

• Official Curmudgeon
    • Global Moderator
    • BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
    The stuff I was selling would fill a 2 place trailer. There were 2 SEPERATE items for sale that one common buyer MIGHT have wanted. I thought that listing them in 2 ads and only taking up 6 pictures was condensing the ad space pretty good already. I can always e-mail more pictures, but wouldn't it be nice to give potential buyers an idea of what was in a large and expensive lot of stuff? Again, it was just frustrating because I very rarely sell stuff and the system really messed it up for me.

The basic computer program has not changed since Larry owned the site. There have been no functional changes since the rules page was added in November 2015. We are simply trying to stick to the guidelines set once the the rules were added. Nothing about the situation with your ads was intentional. Sorry that you were a victim of circumstance.

Something in your second ad tripped the filters. Happens all the time. We as moderators can only override the green monster when those ads catch something unintentionally. Unfortunately, if we removed the filters, the classifieds would be full of ads for Russian brides, boner pills and ʞʞʞ meetings. Your ad being held is a cost of doing business.

In your case, putting both items in one ad and describing the deal may have produced the desired result. Or it may have got caught in the filter. I don't know because I can not predict what you may have typed in your ad.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:08:09 AM by JLOpower »