Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who's Going To Run The Races at PRINCETON in 2017  (Read 2358 times)

yamaha nutz

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
  • It's All Junk But I can Fix it
Who's Going To Run The Races at PRINCETON in 2017
« on: April 14, 2017, 02:48:38 pm »
I have not heard who is going to be running the races at Princeton this year?

i know it is early but after last years organizations attempt and aftermath we just want a heads up if we should even bother bringing the sleds or just come for the entertainment and swap
YAMAHA ......... YA I GOT 1 OR 2

Only stupid question is one never told

The Truth Hurts ..........Deal With It !!!

PETT Member # 84

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

seven500

• SnoPro
    Re: Who's Going To Run The Races at PRINCETON in 2017
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:14:13 pm »
    We are as far as I know!

liv4sno

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:11:47 am »
    We are as far as I know!
    Who's we? Same group as last year?
    World’s Fastest D Stocker

seven500

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »
    Sorry misread the post were racing don't know who's running it.
    « Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:52:23 pm by seven500 »

smokin joe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 02:13:54 pm »
     i hope its not the same group as last year and i think it should be all vintage on friday night, just my thought

Br9es

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 11:42:29 pm »
    and everybody bitched about Perry and crew, wish they where back
    NOS

teamgreen2

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 12:02:34 am »
     May not really be my place to say anything.   I was there at Princeton last year I could  see the frustration in the racers.   But again, sometimes things can not be helped when something goes wrong sometimes it just snow balls on you.    I don't know what went wrong, or really what was said to the racers or any of that.    The show did go on and the crew worked to put the races on.  Yes, they raced well into the night.   Just saying sometimes things can't be helped.  Complaining about what happen,  Saying if these promoters come back, I am not showing up to race.  Is not helping matters.   I have said it before there isn't very many places left to race or very many race promoters for that matter.  Trying to get people to step forward to even help.  Weather it be the event itself or the race promoters crew.    A  THANK you to the guys that did put the show on after all the stuff that went wrong goes a long ways.   Trust me it really does!!    You think its frustrating for you as a racer?  What about the guys putting the stuff on.   I am sure they planned it all to go bad.  They woke up that morning and go you know what.  Lets plan for this to go to hell, last time we only had 100 people pissed off.   Lets double it this year and try to get 200 people upset.

yamaha nutz

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • It's All Junk But I can Fix it
    « Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 03:43:01 pm »
    May not really be my place to say anything.   I was there at Princeton last year I could  see the frustration in the racers.   But again, sometimes things can not be helped when something goes wrong sometimes it just snow balls on you.    I don't know what went wrong, or really what was said to the racers or any of that.    The show did go on and the crew worked to put the races on.  Yes, they raced well into the night.   Just saying sometimes things can't be helped.  Complaining about what happen,  Saying if these promoters come back, I am not showing up to race.  Is not helping matters.   I have said it before there isn't very many places left to race or very many race promoters for that matter.  Trying to get people to step forward to even help.  Weather it be the event itself or the race promoters crew.    A  THANK you to the guys that did put the show on after all the stuff that went wrong goes a long ways.   Trust me it really does!!    You think its frustrating for you as a racer?  What about the guys putting the stuff on.   I am sure they planned it all to go bad.  They woke up that morning and go you know what.  Lets plan for this to go to hell, last time we only had 100 people pissed off.   Lets double it this year and try to get 200 people upset.

Yes you where there, but did not know the insides and out of every issue and it was not just at Princeton this group keeps messing up ....

Now with that said, does any one go out to pee off a racer ...I hope not ..i have been helping run races for 15 plus years from tech to race director so i know the time it takes and the issues that can come up but, if you do not address the issues and fix them then yes your promotions will suffer ...........

I for one never Had a issue with Perry or his group and i will defend him to anyone who said he ran a bad race as i never experienced it .....

I asked a simple Question is NDRS running the races or not
    YAMAHA ......... YA I GOT 1 OR 2

Only stupid question is one never told

The Truth Hurts ..........Deal With It !!!

PETT Member # 84

SRXgirl56

• Stock Racer
    « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »
    Sounds like our 2 SRX, GPX , Thunderjet and 650 will be staying home this year! its a bummer since we have always loved the track and did well, we are just not having a repeat of last year.

SRXgirl56

• Stock Racer
    « Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:34 pm »
    the web site says they are...

yamaha one

• SnoPro
    « Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 08:28:13 pm »
    I've gone to almost all the ndrs Detroit lakes, haydays, World Series, Princeton. Usually they put on a great show. Registration sucked they new it sucked. The worst thing you guys can do is just not show up and race to a wel put together event. What are you all gonna do when ndrs runs it all ? And pretty soon they say well let's just not have vintage anymore like haydays did in the past. Really need to think about your actions and how they will affect the already small group we have. Did it really kill anyone to wait a few hours to race ? They still got the show done. They had times for every pass great test time and drink some beer. I won't be making any vintage shows this year but am going to try and attend haydays with my new PS 1000. Not bashing any of my friends on this post just posting my own opinion on the matter.
    See you all this summer hopefully!

toadspaghetti

• SnoPro
    • I got away with it.
    « Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 12:22:19 pm »
    It WAS a well put together event....  When it was Friday Night Under the Lights for vintage ONLY.  What happened last year was not well put together.
    I are up on the wall.

smokin joe

• SnoPro
    « Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 01:52:53 pm »
    they need to have all vintage on friday night leave the new stuff for sat race, dont combine both vintage and new stuff together, thats just me thought

weverat

• SnoPro
    « Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 01:57:53 am »
    I might race there again, if they promise to run vintage only, and start on time. The very worst thing a promoter can do is purposely drag out an event. Not saying that is what happened at Princeton, but there is no reason grass drags should take any longer than ice drags?

Keep the show going, run sleds constantly, so we can get done, put our sheet away, and go the swap meet.

Or, if you want to stretch the show out all day, just tell us what time you want the D stockers to the line, and stick to it! Same for all the classes.

Also, it is paramount that they run the classes all way through. Most of us vintage racers have more than one sled, and in different classes, this way we can take one back to the trailer, and get the other one to the line.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:00:36 am by weverat »
    Man, I love junk !