Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Storm Heads  (Read 639 times)

vmax-540

• SnoPro
  • South Colton N.Y.
Storm Heads
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »
  I have a 95 Indy storm that needs a head, and I was wondering if a head off an 96 Storm will fit? My friend lost a piston and it mest up the head pretty good. He has a head off a 95 and we were wondering if it will fit.
MY SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
2002 SkiDoo Legend 800SE                                        2013 Ski Doo GSX 800 etec

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

teamgreen2

• SnoPro
    Re: Storm Heads
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:51:15 am »
    heads should be the same.     The head gaskets are not.   There are   2 the same one one double head gasket.    Same with the water jacket gaskets make sure you don't throw the metal  restriction gaskets away.    You can't get them from the dealer any longer.       When you buy a new top end gasket set  You are going to get 3 head gaskets  2 are going to be the same  and one is going to a be a two ply.   then your going to get 6 water jacket gaskets.    Then the water jacket restriction have to be re used.   They go certain way to restrict the water flow.  So pay attention on which way stuff came apart and goes together.     It's important you get them right or you could have over heating issues. 

vmax-540

• SnoPro
    • South Colton N.Y.
    « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:41:00 pm »
    Thanks for the info, it was very helpful.
    MY SLEDS
    83 VMAX 540
    81 SRX 440
    2002 SkiDoo Legend 800SE                                        2013 Ski Doo GSX 800 etec

teamgreen2

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:53:41 am »
    Go on Ronnies.com under micro Fiche.     It will give you a break down on how things are suppose to go together. 

earnhardtnorth

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:53:55 am »
    The water manifold gaskets are 1mm different. The largest hole goes the furthest away from the water pump, the smallest hole goes closest to the water pump. This is learned from experience. DO NOT mix up the outside two and set it up for asphalt drags in August! This leads to buying a new piston. lol
    What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?