Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gitchi Gummi Vintage Snowmobile Meltdown Duluth MN  (Read 662 times)

Slowboy0

• SnoPro
  • Duluth, MN
    • The Pump Dump
Gitchi Gummi Vintage Snowmobile Meltdown Duluth MN
« on: February 09, 2017, 11:40:03 PM »
The 1st annual Gitchi Gummi Vintage Snowmobile Meltdown will be held at the upper chalet at Spirit Mountain on April 8th from 10am-4pm.  There will be a show, swap meet, hill climb race, and a ride across the ski hill.  The ski hill will push snow around on the hill for this event.  All the snowmobile trails will be mud while there will be plenty of snow left at spirit mountain!  Food and beverages will be available at the event.  Proceeds are to benefit the Spirit Mountain Ski Patrol.

More to come soon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:38:05 PM by Slowboy0 »
Fast cars, fast boats, slow snowmobiles.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

Slowboy0

• SnoPro
    • Duluth, MN
      • The Pump Dump
    Re: Gitchi Gummi Vintage Snowmobile Meltdown Duluth MN
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »

We made a few changes to the flyers, I have updated this post to show the most recent one.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:05:19 PM by Slowboy0 »

Slowboy0

• SnoPro
    • Duluth, MN
      • The Pump Dump
    « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:00:06 PM »
    Things are starting to come together for this event.  Times are as follows.

Event 10am-4pm
    Show 11am-3pm
    ride 11am-3pm
    hill climb 11am-3pm
    swap meet 10am-3pm
    Awards 3pm-4pm

All snowmobiles will be 1984 and earlier.  There will be no modern sleds allowed on the property excluding the sleds belonging to Spirit Mountain that will be used as rescue sleds.  Everybody entering the event will have to sign a basic waiver.

Indoor bathrooms will be available, as well as an indoor bar located right on the ski hill where the show is going to take place.   There will be an outside beer tent as well as an outdoor food tent.  No outside food or alcohol will be allowed.

The hill climb race is still going to be a grudge race for the first year.  There will be 2 lanes that will be 300 feet with a return road.  Any modded sleds will need a helmet, chest protection, and a tether.  Anybody on the race course will need to wear a helmet, no exceptions.  Please make sure your sleds are safe.

The ride will take place on the ski hill, we are trying to plan a route that will run across the hill so that there is not alot of uphill and downhill riding.  Helmets are encouraged for the ride, but not required.

I will post more information as I have it.  Thanks, Ryan
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:02:50 PM by Slowboy0 »

ARCTIC97

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »
    Sounds fun! I am wondering about the fee. I plan on bringing 1 trail sled, and 1 show sled. What would my fee end up being? Also, what classes for the show and what awards? Thanks, Arctic

Slowboy0

• SnoPro
    • Duluth, MN
      • The Pump Dump
    « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »
    10.00 per sled.

There are going to be a few classes for the show/ride.  Best restored, best original, oldest rider, youngest rider, farthest traveled, and oldest snowmobile.