Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: anyone make a enticer long track  (Read 744 times)

BowserTownes

• Super-Mod
anyone make a enticer long track
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:46:18 AM »
I have an 85 enticer long track. its kind of a roach. I have a real nice regular 80 enticer that would be a great candidate for swapping the tunnel and rear skid out and putting it in the nicer sled. I want to put the reverse in it as well.  im thinking it should just bolt right in.

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

yamakid

• SnoPro
    Re: anyone make a enticer long track
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »
    You will need to swap the drivers as well. The long track was 2.52" pitch, which is awesome for replacement tracks in the future.
    Aerospace Quality Engineer by day, Yamahammer lover by night.

Bird8oyVinties

• Powder-Puff
    « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
    Perfect Candidate. Look up Powermods Enticer on Youtube! ! !  I just molested my 76 GS300 adding a 96 polaris xtra 12 skid and front suspension. All went really well as long as you aren't scared of a little fabrication.

opsled

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
     I had an Enticer longtrack of the same vintage as the one you have in the pic. Bulkhead was shot (rusted out from sitting outside with leaves/pine needles in the belly). Also had a 78/79 (red/white) ET340 who's tunnel had been wreaked.

Built 1 sled out of the two. Everything was pretty much bolt/rivet and go using the necessary parts from the longtrack and just parking the all behind the other. Worst part was the factory rivets Yamaha used to marry the bulkhead to the tunnel on sleds of that era. They are a pain to get out without wreaking things but seeing as I was only saving the bulkhead from one and the tunnel on the other I just ground the rivets from opposite sides to save the parts I needed.

Worked great and was not that hard. Sled lasted for many years until the throttle stuck open one day when the guy who had it started it up. It took off, went across an 80 acre field and disappeared over a hill. He followed the tracks and itt was found smashed into an oak tree idling. I wasn't there but I guess it went through a few brush piles getting diverted in multiple directions before the big oak put the stop on it. Front bumper was caved back to the crossmember, hood was junk, 1" stick was driven through the cooling shroud and wedged half way through between the cylinders, seat was torn off and track derailed.

He drove it home but that was it's last ride.

opsled
    A conscience is a tool used to keep in control those who are prone to betraying their own principles.

I have no need for one.

30Advance

• Modified
    « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »
    I am going to Long-Track an '80 Enticer 250 as well. Where do you find Used front drive sprockets with the 2.52 Pitch and the square shaft hole? I understand the Earliest Phazers used the same small sprockets and the square shaft.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Don't Raise the Bridge, or We'll Lower the River!

indybosch

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 09:11:33 AM »
    One year enticers has the 252 drivers. Can't remember if
    It's yours or the older ones('78/'79)?
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:42:58 PM by indybosch »

yamakid

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:26 PM »
    The Enticer 340T model has 2.52" drivers which will fit on the hex Enticer shafts
    Aerospace Quality Engineer by day, Yamahammer lover by night.

30Advance

• Modified
    « Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 11:34:20 PM »
    I did find a set of 2.52 x 5.5" Square hole sprockets in MN. Price was right so I bought them. Now for a skid frame. I have a lead on one a hundred miles away so we'll see.  :)

Dave

BowserTownes

• Super-Mod
    « Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:45 AM »
    So I decided the long track I bought was going to be a donor for a long track build in an older style Excell 3 I have. I put the tunnel and reverse gear case in the excell 3. next the drives track and skid. Gotta go see a gentleman up north to get reverse gears and a better rack. should be sweet when all done.

30Advance

• Modified
    « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »
    We got our 1980 long-track 250 useable last night. It works fine. Now on to making a Tunnel Extension so everything looks right and safe! :)