Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CDI's for the Early 72~73 BRUT, POLARIS and Chap's now available  (Read 3847 times)

shewelt

• SnoPro
  • Timing keeps everything from happening all at once
    • FIREPLUG CDI's FOR VINTAGE SNOWMOBILES
4/25/15:  UPDATE: BRUT 440, Polaris 72-TX-500, 72 Starfire 439, 650 & 795 and the 73-Starfire 439/650 & 72~73 Chap / Fuji 650.

With the cold weather & snow hanging on later this year, the CDI sales seemed to go on about a month longer than past years. The good news is, I finally was able to get to a design that we've had around for almost 10 years not.  We did the Polaris Triple CDI from 1979~1990 quite a few years ago.  This was an easy one to develop, since I have that sled/engine combo here.  We tried to develop a CDI for the earlier ROTOR-type stator, used with the old Silver-case CDI, but never had the opportunity to work it out completely.

The models covered with this older CDI are the BRUT 440, Polaris 72-TX-500, 72 Starfire 439, 650 & 795 and the 73-Starfire 439/650, including the 72~73 Chap / Fuji 650.  These are the old ROTOR-type ignitions (not flywheel type).  The older stators had different values in the rotor models, as well as a different timing profile:

STATOR VALUES:
RED to BLACK was 420~480-ohms
RED to WHITE is ~ 22-ohms
Green to BLUE is 20~22-ohms.

Thanks to Ed Shaffer, who provided his early 440 triple for development testing, we completed the design.  It follows the original OEM timing profile, which is basically a static profile, meaning the timing doesn't change very much over the RPM range.  The FIREPLUG CDI advantage is a little more spark energy, much better reliability, our unmatched warranty & it's available! 

We've heard the calls that a replacement CDI is needed.  We are very glad to finally have this FIREPLUG CDI available to help keep these classics running strong!

www.cdibox.com for details  ;)

Check it out!  www.CDIBOX.com

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

xenoahman

• Site Sponsor
    • SnoPro
    • rupp xenoah engines are still getting it done
    Re: CDI's for the Early 72~73 BRUT, POLARIS and Chap's now available
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:52:07 pm »
    all chaparral triples had flywheel type, similar to the arctic cat ext 650 triple, the rotor type from polairis and brut have a different crank taper and the rotor wont fit the chaparral crank, have these been tried on the chap triple,s with flywheel type cdi  I have one engine short the box thanks kevin
    rupp xenoah l/c engines are still getting done

blizzard73x

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »
    all chaparral triples had flywheel type, similar to the arctic cat ext 650 triple, the rotor type from polairis and brut have a different crank taper and the rotor wont fit the chaparral crank, have these been tried on the chap triple,s with flywheel type cdi  I have one engine short the box thanks kevin
    I have used the hewtec cdi on my chap triples since his box came out,work great and won an eagle in about 05.
    Don't let a suitcase on the stairs be your big fork and spoon

shewelt

• SnoPro
    • Timing keeps everything from happening all at once
      • FIREPLUG CDI's FOR VINTAGE SNOWMOBILES
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:34:45 pm »
    Just an update. 

This early 3-cyl Polaris / Brut CDI is not on my webpage yet, but is available.  Have 4~5 out there already and all is well.  In process of re-doing the complete www.cdibox.com website, so not adding it to the list until then.  Hopefully before Thanksgiving the new website will be up and running.  E-mail me direct if interested in this CDI before that..

Thanks...Scott
    Check it out!  www.CDIBOX.com