Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scorpion Make A Wish Stinger Build Donations  (Read 5116 times)

scorp11

• SnoPro
Scorpion Make A Wish Stinger Build Donations
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »
We are on our way to getting all the parts tracked down and people have been very generous with their time and money.  I am always impressed with how generous members of the vintage community can be.

This post will be the point of reference for all those who have been given their time, money or resources.  We are in the process of merging our lists, so give us a few days to get everyone's info here.   If I miss something or get it wrong, just let me know and I'll correct it.

For those wanting to follow the sled build, you will find that here: https://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,68306.0.html

There are some posts on the engine buildup.  I could only find one, someone else can add links to the others. : https://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,68724.0.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:02:53 pm by scorp11 »

Vintagesleds.com

• Advertisement

scorp11

• SnoPro
    Re: Scorpion Make A Wish Stinger Build Donations
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:24:47 pm »
    Jack (Palo on Vintage Sleds) and Dennis (DDub on Vintage Sleds) have been doing most leg work.  Dennis will be painting the tunnel and all other major parts that need paint.

Jack has donated some aluminum ski skins and Greg Lahr (Sprocket on Vintage Sleds) is welding us up some pretty aluminum ski's and donating all the labor and additional materials.

Tom Peterson and Roger Larson are doing all the work on the engine.

Conrad from Seats by Conrad is going to re-cover the seat for us at no charge.

Northern Crankshaft has donated the time and resources to rebuild the crankshaft for the motor.

Gary Boest (JLOPower on Vintage Sleds) has donated grips.

Bill and Jerry from Arctic Restorations have donated 15 NOS bogie wheels for suspension.

Dan Jensen (RuppLover on Vintage Sleds) has made a cash donation.

Mirka is providing all the sandpaper for the build.
    U-Pol is providing all fillers that are needed.
    DuPont is supplying the paint.

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »
    Kenny Holgate is polishing the bogie wheels and shining up the track. He also made a cash donation toward the build.
    Dennis Morris has purchased the sachs eng, and the hood that we are not using. That cash will also go for the build.
    Les Pinz donated the 634 Hirth engine.
    Lets not forget Dan Steman he gave the Stinger, so we could get this all started.
    A big  THANKS to all.

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »
    Curly (on the site) is rebuilding the driven clutch.

scorp11

• SnoPro
    « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:17 pm »
    If you wish to make a donation, you can send check / money order / cash to Jack or use paypal to donate to the paypal account we setup for the build.

A paypal account has been set up for the charity build. The address is ScorpionBuild@gmail.com. Mark it as a gift so we don't have to pay fees on it. My name is on it as I had to have someone, so you will see Kevin Woeste as the name it goes to. 

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »
    The tear down crew--Ddub-scorp II-and his father Jim Curly-Sledswinger-Rupplover-and Palo.

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:30 pm »
    Chris Moore made a generous cash donation last sunday. He was at my place picking. We will be probably using it to help pay the plating bill. We are still searching for parts,take a look at the list in the restoration section and see if there is anything you can help us out with. Thanks

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:24:07 am »
    Brian Butler from www.ScorpionTalk.com has made a generous cash donation to the build.  For those who don't know, www.ScorpionTalk.com is another valuable resource dedicated specifically Scorpions.

Thank you Brian for your support !!

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 03:30:49 am »
    We recieved the rubber stirping for the 634 Hirth eng. tin from Al Nowicki, thanks Al
    I got 2 new hood hold straps, and 1 new rear idler from Jim Solbreg at St. Germain, Thanks Jim
    I also sold the ski's off the sled to ddud Thanks Dennis--Sproket is fabbing up a set of aluim. skies
    Picked up a very nice top tin, and piston rings from Lyle Peterson, and Clev Johnston, Thanks guys
    Recieved the 634pistons and 2 very hard to find plug boots from Corky Fisher, Thanks Corky
    Also got a new brake pad from ddud, thanks again Dennis

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »
    Bob Reini (fish bob) donated cash which was used to purchase a N.o.s. rear idler, we now have the two we need.    Thanks Bob!

Vics stuff

• BS Hall Of Fame Member
    • Go Big Or Go Home
    « Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:37 pm »
     Some  $$$$ had been sent . Hope helps out.
     Vic

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:32 am »
    Kenny from the Glass Farm donated a hood , and John Zeglin gave use the chrome logo's, Thanks! They are very nice.  We now have a couple of big pieces of the puzzle. Pictures can be found in the Restoration section.

palo

• SnoPro
    « Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 01:40:30 pm »
    We recieved A cash donation from Brett and Rose Buer from the ChapShack. Brett, spearheaded the Chap build last year. Thank You.

The Bartel brothers Dwain and Dwight from Wisconsin donated us cash for  the build, Thanks Guys.