Racing could be bigger than ever this year, and we hope you can make out to catch a bunch of them no matter where you are. Here’s some of the things of interest for racers and fans this year.
PVR POINTS CHALLENGE
PVR has $10,000 in cash and jackets for the top ten classes, along with PVR/VintageSleds.com flags for ALL the winners of PVR classes all year long. Get more details on PVR’s website.
ORA/VintageSleds.com Super-Mod Challenge
Details are not yet finalized, but VintageSleds.com will be putting in extra cash prized for the ORA races in Waconia, MN and Ogilvie, MN. Get the details when they are posted on ORA’s website.
Saskatchewan Vintage Oval Racing Association
Building on the success of the first oval race in Saskatchewan in over 30 years, the SVORA announced the 3 race Saskatchewan Oval Racing Series. Along with the 3 race Points Series Championship, they will again be hosting the Saskatchewan Championship, a 10 lap 440 Free Air Super Mod Race. Find out more at their website.
2012-2013 Vintage Sled Racing Schedule
Please check each association or track for details and information updates, but here’s the schedule so far.
- CPTC – Beausejour, MB: December 8-9
- ORA – Rock Rapids, IA: December 15-16th
- PVR – Ironwood, MI: January 4-6
- ER – Eagle River, WI: January 11-13
- PVR – Richland Center, WI January 26
- ORA – Waconia, MN: January 27th
- ORA – Ogilvie, MN: February 1-3
- PVR – Lacross, WI: February 16
- PVR – Lake Holcombe, WI: February 23
- ORA – Grey Eagle, MN: February 16-17
- ORA – Garrison, MN: February 23-24
- CPTC – Beasejour, MB: March 2-3